by VVN Music
Late last year, Nils Lofgren released his live album UK2015 Face the Music Tour and planned on going out in January to promote the new set but Bruce Springsteen had bigger plans, going out himself to promote the deluxe version of his 1980 album The River with the E-Street Band in tow.
That short tour turned into a world trek that just recently concluded and Nils was forced to put off his solo touring until it was over. Those shows were rescheduled, in part, for November 17 through December 17 but another urgency has intervened and they will now not happen until after the beginning of the year.
Lofgrin announced late Monday that he has been forced to move those dates because of an "unexpected need for surgery".
Due to a totally unexpected need for surgery this November, Nils Lofgren has been informed by his doctors that he will be unable to perform from surgery onward for the remainder of the year. Nils and Amy express their deepest regrets at having to miss these rescheduled tour dates, especially to all his fans and the venues that have gone through two, unavoidable cancellations. Nils and Amy thank you all for your unwavering support and appreciate the well wishes from all.Postponed dates:
Nils n Amy L
- 11/17 - Oakland, CA - Yoshi's Oakland
- 11/18 - Oakland, CA - Yoshi's Oakland
- 11/19 - Saratoga, CA - Carriage House @ Montalvo Arts Center
- 11/20 - Mill Valley, CA - Sweetwater Music Hall
- 12/14 - Austin, TX - One World Theatre
- 12/15 - The Woodlands, TX - The Dosey Doe Big Barn
- 12/16 - San Antonio, TX - Studio Theater At The Tobin Center
- 12/17 - Dallas, TX - The Kessler