by Music-News.com Newsdesk
Enrique Iglesias took home five gongs at the Latin American Music Awards on Thursday night.
The 41-year-old singer was the big winner at the ceremony at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood, claiming prizes including the prestigious Artist of the Year and Favourite Male Artist. He also emerged victorious thanks to his summer hit Duele El Corazon, featuring Wisin, which was named Favorite Collaboration, Song of the Year and Favorite Song - Pop/Rock.
Enrique wasn't the only multiple winner of the evening, however. Banda MS completed their haul with three awards, for Favourite Duo or Group - Regional Mexican, Favourite Album - Regional Mexican and Favourite Song - Regional Mexican.
Becky G was named Favourite Female Artist - Pop/Rock and appeared to be struggling to control her emotions as she took to the stage to collect her award.
Other winners on Thursday evening included Justin Bieber, who won Favourite Crossover Artist and Favorite Crossover Song for his track Love Yourself. Calvin Harris and Rihanna, meanwhile, took home the Favorite Dance Song gong for their catchy hit This Is What You Came For.
Performances on the evening came from stars including Pitbull, Becky G and Nicky Jam, while the most emotional point of the night was a tribute to the late Latin legend Juan Gabriel.
Artists Lila Downs, Aida Cuevas and Shaila Durcal teamed up to remember veteran crooner, who passed away from a suspected heart attack in Santa Monica, California on in August.
Gabriel was in the middle of his massive MeXXico Es Todo Tour at the time of his death. The singer, also known as the El Divo de Juarez, sold more than 100 million records throughout his 40-year career, and his 32nd and final studio album, Vestido De Etiqueta Por Eduardo Magallanes, was released on August 12.
- Artist of the Year: Enrique Iglesias
- Favorite Male Artist - Pop/Rock: Enrique Iglesias
- Favorite Collaboration: Enrique Iglesias feat. Wisin, Duele El Corazon
- Song of the Year: Enrique Iglesias feat. Wisin, Duele El Corazon
- Favorite Song - Pop/Rock: Enrique Iglesias feat. Wisin, Duele El Corazon
- Favorite Duo or Group - Regional Mexican: Banda MS
- Favorite Album - Regional Mexican: Banda MS, Que Bendicion
- Favorite Song - Regional Mexican: Banda MS, Solo con Verte
- New Artist of the Year - Pop/Rock: CNCO
- Favorite Duo or Group - Pop/Rock: CNCO
- Favorite Artist - Urban: J Balvin
- Favorite Song - Urban: J Balvin, Ginza
- Favorite Crossover Artist: Justin Bieber
- Favorite Crossover Song: Justin Bieber, Love Yourself
- Favorite New Artist - Regional Mexican: Adriel Favela
- Favorite Female Artist - Pop/Rock: Becky G
- Favorite Dance Song: Calvin Harris and Rihanna, This Is What You Came For
- Favorite Album - Urban: Farruko, Visionary
- Favorite Album - Tropical: Gente de Zona, Visualazate
- Favorite Artist - Regional Mexican: Gerardo Ortiz
- Favorite New Artist - Urban: Jacob Forever
- Favorite New Artist - Tropical: Pirulo y La Tribu
- Album of the Year: Yandel, Dangerous
- Favorite Duo or Group - Urban: Zion Y Lennox