by Paul Cashmere, Noise11
Richie Sambora appears to have redeemed himself in Sydney after a hideously embarrassing performance in Melbourne days earlier.
Fans attending the Sambora and Orianthi RSO show at Melbourne’s Margaret Court Arena posted to Sambora’s Facebook page their disgust after a late showing, bad playing and what appeared to be a performance from a drunk Sambora.
“What a disappointment, maybe come on sober next time & maybe some rehearsal might be an idea,’ wrote Robyn Webber on Sambora’s Facebook page. “The sound was a dirge & we left early. I went to hear Richie Sambora & his amazing solo albums, leave Bon Jovi to Bon Jovi. The rehash of those songs was truly awful. A night to forget.”
The most biting comment came from Paul Crea who said, “Dear Richie Sambora,
You’re a drunk, old, has been Rockstar and your Meatloaf type performance was a fucking train wreck!
I’m pretty sure that your singing and guitar playing…
GAVE MY EARS CANCER!!!
The sound was shit.
The lighting was shit.
You couldn’t even see half of the stage in Margaret Court Arena which is tiny!”
Sydney fans reported a completely different performance. “Dunno what went wrong on Tuesday in Melbs but tonight was the bomb. Richie was great. Stranger in This Town kicked arse. Harlem Rain was beautiful. Great fucking show,” said Paul Robson.
Did everything right in Sydney that he apparently did wrong in Melbourne. Stranger in this Town and an acoustic Harlem Rain were VERY welcome additions,” said Andrew Kitchener.
Michael Armstrong said, “Great show tonight. Richie played his ass off and so did Ori. Loved it”.
Sambora obviously cleaned up his act for the Sydney show. He will perform at the Sydney Grand Final this Sydney.
- When Love Comes to Town (U2 cover)
- Livin’ on a Prayer (Bon Jovi, Slippery When Wet, 1986)
- Heaven in This Hell (from Orianthi, Heaven In This Hell, 2013)
- Lay Your Hands on Me (Bon Jovi, New Jersey, 1988)
- Every Road Leads Home to You (from Aftermath of the Lowdown, 2012)
- Black or White (Michael Jackson cover)
- Stranger In This Town (from Stranger In This Town, 1991)
- You Don’t Wanna Know (from Orianthi, Heaven In This Hell, 2013)
- I’ll Be There for You (Bon Jovi, New Jersey, 1988)
- How Do You Sleep? (from Orianthi, Heaven In This Hell, 2013)
- According To You (from Orianthi, Believe, 2009)
- I Got You Babe (Sonny & Cher cover)
- Harlem Rain (from Undiscovered Soul, 1998)
- Voodoo Child (Slight Return) (Jimi Hendrix cover)
- Wanted Dead or Alive (Bon Jovi, Slippery When Wet, 1986)