by VVN Music
Kenny Rogers says that he will be done after his current tour.
The singer had originally said that this would be his last tour but made no mention of future recording.
On Monday, Billboard reported that he said during a conference call with reporters "I've done everything I set out to do. Every goal I've set, I've done that, and there's a point where you have to say, 'I've had my turn. Let someone else have it,' and that's kind of where I am. It's not that I dislike music; it's just that I can't keep doing this and do what I want to do, which is spend time with my family."
Rogers has twin 12-year-old sons with his fifth wife, Wanda Miller, who he married in 1997.
The Gambler's Last Deal tour is currently scheduled to end April 8, 2017 with a show in Danville, KY.
With his retirement, Rogers goes out with an extremely impressive discography. Between 1967 and 1973, he release over a dozen albums as a member of the First Edition and had hits five top twenty hits including Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In), Ruby, Don't Take Your Love to Town, But You Know I Love You and Something's Burning.
As a solo artist, he release 37 studio albums and hit the top ten on the Billboard Hot 100 nine times including the number ones Lady and Islands in the Stream. On the Country Singles, he made the top ten 36 times with 21 hitting number 1:
- Lucille (1977)
- Daytime Friends (1977)
- Love or Something Like It (1978)
- The Gambler (1978)
- Every Time Two Fools Collide (with Dottie West) (1978)
- She Believes in Me (1979)
- You Decorated My Life (1979)
- Coward of the County (1979)
- All I Ever Need is You (with Dottie West) (1979)
- Lady (1980)
- I Don't Need You (1981)
- What Are We Doin' in Love (with Dottie West) (1981)
- Love Will Turn You Around (1982)
- We've Got Tonight (with Sheena Easton) (1983)
- Islands in the Stream (with Dolly Parton) (1983)
- Crazy (1984)
- Morning Desire (1985)
- Real Love (with Dolly Parton) (1985)
- Tomb of the Unknown Love (1986)
- Make No Mistake, She's Mine (with Ronnie Milsap) (1987)
- Buy Me a Rose (with Alison Krauss and Billy Dean) (1999)