by VVN Music
Last year, Ian Anderson brought his Jethro Tull: The Musical to a number of venues on the east coast of the United States. This October, he brings the presentation to the west.
The show celebrates the life of the real Jethro Tull, an agriculturalist who lived from 1674 to 1741, although the story is actually set in the near future. Tull's innovations such as a plough that would sow seed three rows at a time and an improved turnip-drill were considered key to the British Agricultural Revolution.
The show recasts a number of the rock group's songs with updated lyrics to better fit the theme, including Aqualung, Songs From the Wood, Living in the Past and Locomotive Breath. There are also five new compositions.
Touring with Anderson are David Goodier on bass, John O'Hara on keyboards, Florian Opahle on guitar and Scott Hammond on drums along with a couple of virtual special guests.
- 10/14 - Las Vegas, NV - The Smith Center
- 10/15 - Los Angeles, CA - Pantages Theatre
- 10/17 - San Diego, CA - Balboa Theatre
- 10/18 - Riverside, CA - Fox Performing Arts Center
- 10/19 - Santa Barbara, CA - Arlington Theatre
- 10/21 - Modesto, CA - Gallo Center for the Arts
- 10/22 - San Jose, CA - City National Civic
- 10/24 - Folsom, CA - The Harris Center-Folsom Lake College
- 10/25 - Santa Rosa, CA - Wells Fargo Center for the Arts
- 10/27 - Portland, OR - Keller Auditorium
- 10/28 - Seattle, WA - Moore Theatre