by VVN Music
The Fox live event Grease Live was tied as the big winner on the second night of the Creative Emmy Awards on Sunday.
The musical special won four Emmys, Outstanding Special Class Program, Lighting Design/Lighting Direction, Production Design and Technical Direction, Camera Work, Video Control.
Four awards were also won by the Netflix documentary series Making a Murderer.
The Netflix documentary What Happened, Miss Simone? on the late Nina Simone won Outstanding Documentary or Non-Fiction Special while Danny Elfman's Music From the Films of Tim Burton brought its win total to two after taking Sound Mixing. It had also won on the first night of the awards for Music Direction.
Meanwhile, RuPaul, who has had six top twenty hits on the Billboard Dance charts, took home Outstanding Host for a Reality or Reality-Competition Program for RuPaul's Drag Race.
The Emmy Awards with the rest of the categories for the year will air next Sunday (September 18).
Music program winners (night 2):
- Documentary or Non-Fiction Special - What Happened, Miss Simone?
- Lighting Design/Lighting Direction - Variety Special - Grease: Live
- Lighting Design/Lighting Direction - Variety Series - The Voice
- Sound Mixing - Variety Series or Special - Danny Elfman's Music From the Films of Tim Burton
- Costumes - Variety, Non-Fiction or Reality Program - The Wiz Live!
- Production Design - Variety, Non-Fiction, Event or Award Special - Grease: Live
- Technical Direction, Camera Work, Video Control - Limited Series, Movie or Special - Grease: Live
- Technical Direction, Camera Work, Video Control - Series - Dancing With the Stars
- Choreography - Crazy Ex-Girlfriend (tie with America's Best Dance Crew)
- Special Class Program - Grease: Live