by VVN Music
In 1980, Adam and the Ants released their second album, Kings of the Wild Frontier.
The original Ants had just been stolen by producer Malcolm McLaren who turned them into Bow Wow Wow so Adam Ant entered the studio with guitarist and writing partner Marco Pirroni, bassist Kevin Mooney, and drummers Merrick and Terry Lee Miall to record the followup to 1979's Dirk Wears White Sox.
The resulting album helped introduce the New Romantic movement along with introducing the "Burundi beat" to popular music. Kings of the Wild Frontier went to number 1 in the U.K. and 44 in the U.S. and included Dog Eat Dog, Antmusic and Physical (You're So) which all made the U.S. Mainstream Rock top twenty.
Earlier this year, Adam Ant released a 5-disc Super Deluxe Edition of Kings of the Wild Frontier and, this January and February, he will tour the U.S. playing the LP in its entirety.
VIP presales started today while general sales begin Friday.
- 01/23 – Washington, DC – Lincoln Theatre
- 01/24 – Boston, MA – The Wilbur
- 01/26 – Glenside, PA – Keswick Theatre
- 01/27 – New York, NY – Webster Hall
- 01/29 – Toronto, ON – The Danforth Music Hall
- 01/31 – Chicago, IL – Vic Theatre
- 02/02 – Portland, OR – Revolution Hall
- 02/03 – Seattle, WA – The Neptune
- 02/04 – Vancouver, BC – The Vogue Theatre
- 02/07 – San Francisco, CA – The Fillmore
- 02/09 – Los Angeles, CA – The Fonda Theatre
- 02/10 – Las Vegas, NV – Brooklyn Bowl Las Vegas
- 02/11 – Tucson, AZ – Rialto Theatre
- 02/14 – Dallas, TX – Majestic Theatre
- 02/15 – San Antonio, TX – Empire Theatre
- 02/18 – San Diego, CA – Observatory North Park