by VVN Music
In America, Tony Hadley is best known as the voice of Spandau Ballet on their hits True and Gold.
Spandau Ballet was formed in 1976, splitting in 1990 over royalty payments. Twenty years later, they came back together, going back into the top ten with the album Once More. Hadley released two solo albums during the nineties and a third in 2006. Then, last year, came The Christmas Album.
A hit in his native Britain, the album did not receive a U.S. release until now. Omnivore Records has picked up Handley's LP for release on October 21. The Christmas Album cuts across eight decades of holiday music starting with standards like White Christmas and Santa Claus is Coming to Town, Chuck Berry's Run Rudolph Run from the 50's, Greg Lake's I Believe in Father Christmas from the 70's, Fairytale Of New York by the Pogues from the 80's, Keane's recent hit Somewhere Only We Know and a few originals.
Kim Wilde is along for the ride on a duet of Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas while Max Giusti joins Tony on Jingle Bells and Italy's Nina Zilli appears on Fairytale Of New York . Butch Walker and Train's Pat Monahan have also provided the song Shake Up Christmas.
The track list:
- Shake Up Christmas
- I Believe In Father Christmas
- Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas (Duet with Kim Wilde)
- Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
- Jingle Bells (Duet with Max Giusti)
- I Don’t Want To Spend One More Christmas Without You
- Fairytale Of New York (Duet with Nina Zilli)
- Somewhere Only We Know
- Lonely This Christmas
- Every Second I’m Away
- Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!
- White Christmas
- Silent Christmas
- Driving Home For Christmas
- Stay Another Day
- Snowing All Over The World
- Run Run Rudolph
- Ave Maria