by VVN Music
Back in April, Ms. Lauryn Hill put on the Diaspora Calling! Festival at the King's Theatre in Brooklyn, NY.
During the three days of the festival, both art and music from Africa and the African diaspora were highlighted including performances by Stephen Marley, Trinidad's Machel Montano, Nigeria's Wondaboy, Ghana's Stonebwoy and others.
Starting August 27, Hill is going to take the concept for the show on the road with a concert series that will hit sixteen North American cities, running through November 13. Each night of the tour will feature similar artists to those from the April festival.
Hill said of the tour "The MHL Caravan allows me to continue the theme of unity and celebration of the many facets of cultural and artistic beauty throughout the African diaspora while on tour this summer and fall. In these days of tension, tumult and transition, an exchange of this kind can yield direction, expression, understanding and empowerment as well as connection, self Love and appreciation that hopefully overflows into our respective communities."
Tickets are already available for Citi members while Tidal subscribers will be able to purchase tickets starting August 4. General sales begin August 5.
- 08/27 – Philadelphia, PA – Mann Center for Performing Arts
- 09/01 – Highland Park, IL – Ravinia Festival At Ravinia Park
- 09/02 – Detroit, MI – The Fillmore Detroit
- 09/04 – Minneapolis, MN – First Avenue
- 09/13 – Louisville, KY – The Louisville Palace Theatre
- 09/16 – Toronto, ON – Massey Hall
- 09/18 – Northfield, OH – Hard Rock Live
- 09/22 – Indianapolis, ID – Murat Theatre
- 09/24 – Atlanta, GA – Chastain Park Amphitheatre
- 09/25 – Tuscaloosa, AL – Tuscaloosa Amphitheater
- 10/01 – Boston, MA – Wang Theatre - Citi Performing Arts Center
- 11/01 – San Diego, CA – Jacobs Music Center At Copley Symphony Hall
- 11/06 – Seattle, WA – Marion Oliver McCaw Hall
- 11/08 – Vancouver, BC – Queen Elizabeth Theatre
- 11/12 – Las Vegas, NV – The Foundry
- 11/13 – Phoenix, AZ – Comerica Theatre