by Paul Cashmere, Noise11
Pantera will release a 20th anniversary edition of The Great Southern Trendkill with a second disc of unreleased tracks.
The Great Southern Trendkill was the follow-up to Pantera’s first number one album, Far Beyond Driven. It was the eighth album for Pantera reaching number 4 on the Billboard chart.
Phil Anselmo recorded his vocals for this album at Trent Reznor’s Nothing Studios in New Orleans while the rest of the band put their parts down at Chasin Jason Studios in Dallas.
According to Warner Music, “the second disc also features a newly remixed version of the title track, rough mixes for Drag The Waters and The Underground In America, as well as instrumental takes for 13 Steps To Nowhere and Living Through Me (Hell’s Wrath). In addition to the studio recordings, the anniversary collection features three live tracks recorded at the Dynamo Festival in Holland in 1998: War Nerve, Suicide Note Pt. II, and Sandblasted Skin.
The track list:
- The Great Southern Trendkill
- War Nerve
- Drag The Waters
- 13 Steps To Nowhere
- Suicide Note Pt. I
- Suicide Note Pt. II
- Living Through Me (Hell’s Wrath)
- The Underground In America
- (Reprise) Sandblasted Skin
- The Great Southern Trendkill (2016 Mix)
- War Nerve (Live ’98)
- Drag The Waters (Early Mix)
- 10’s (Early Mix)
- 13 Steps To Nowhere (Instrumental Version)
- Suicide Note Pt. I (Intro)
- Suicide Note Pt. I (Early Mix)
- Suicide Note Pt. II (Live ’98)
- Living Through Me (Hell’s Wrath) (Instrumental Version)
- Floods (Early Mix)
- The Underground In America (Early Mix)
- Sandblasted Skin (Live ’98)