by Paul Cashmere, Noise11
Peter Garrett has released a biting message to Australia about Hope vs Corporate Greed in his It Still Matters video.
“We won’t take an escalator to the Woolies in the sky,” Garrett sings in a slap against supermarket conglomerate Woolworths, coincidentally the day after the company announced the cut of 500 jobs in a billion dollar restructure.
The video acknowledges the demolition of the Sydney Entertainment Centre JB Hi-Fi, Costco, Connex, Ikea, McDonalds and a very well positioned Cement Australia logo.
Peter Garrett’s debut solo album A Version of You debuted at number 3 this week on the ARIA Album Chart.
Peter Garrett is touring Australia. Dates are:
- 07/29 - Brisbane - The Tivoli (Sold Out)
- 07/30 - Maroochydore - Solbar (Sold Out)
- 08/06 - Adelaide - The Gov (Sold Out)
- 08/07 - Darwin - Darwin Festival(All Ages) W/Special Guest Gawurra
- 08/11 - Sydney - The Factory Theatre (Sold Out)
- 08/12 - Belmont - Belmont 16’s (Sold Out)
- 08/13 - Wollongong - Wollongong University
- 08/14 - Canberra - The Playhouse, Theatre Centre (Sold Out)
- 08/17 - Melbourne - Athenaeum Theatre (All Ages) (Sold Out)