via Press Release
Global metal pioneers Megadeth have premiered their video for the new single Post American World, along with complete details for the fall dates for the North American leg of their Dystopia World Tour. The tour kicks off in Casper, WY on September 20, 2016 and will take them across the U.S., visiting 16 states with special guests to include Amon Amarth, Suicidal Tendencies, Metal Church and Havok.
Tickets go on sale to the general public on Friday, July 22 – check www.megadeth.com/tour for specific market info and local on sale times and dates. There will also be an exclusive pre-sale for Megadeth fan club members. Pre-sale tickets for Megadeth Cyber Army club members will begin on Tuesday, July 19 at 10 a.m. local time at http://cyberarmy.megadeth.com.
Meanwhile, the current single, Post American World, takes an unflinching and timely look at the state of the modern world, and the dark vision of the Jake Macpherson-directed video takes the subject matter in still more menacing directions. Most other artists are unwilling to tread in this territory, preferring veiled metaphors, or more often, completely ignoring the most important topics of our day. But with their current album Dystopia, Megadeth refused to compromise their craft and identity, and as such have again set the pace for modern metal.
Dave Mustaine comments: "The filming of Post American World was an eerie video shoot right from the beginning. Shot in just one day with only our guitars and drums, I knew that this was going to be amazing. There is something to be said about the simplicity of an artist and only his guitar or drums. This is clearly a 'less is more' concept and director Jake Macpherson nailed it!"
The raw and uncensored video can be viewed, in its entirety, at http://usa-tomorrow.us.
Dystopia has already been heralded as one of the top Metal albums of the year by major outlets, including Rolling Stone and Alternative Press. The album's chart impact was the strongest for the band since 1992's Countdown To Extinction, debuting at No. 3 on the Billboard Top 200 chart (behind Adele and Beiber), number 1 album on Billboard's Hard Music and Top Rock charts, and at number 2 on Billboard's Top Album Sales chart. Globally, Dystopia also achieved top 10 debuts in Canada (#2), Japan (#2 international chart), Finland (#3), Mexico (#4), Czech Republic (#5), Australia (#6), New Zealand (#6), Switzerland (#7), Poland (#8) and Germany (#10), which along with Belgium, Ireland and Spain contributed to achieve Megadeth's highest ever chart positions in their thirty year history in a total of 10 countries around the world. Other countries with significant sales or chart debuts included UK, Norway, Sweden, Italy, Netherlands, and France.
- 09/20 - Casper, WY - Casper Events Center
- 09/22 - Las Vegas, NV - The Joint
- 09/24 - Devore, CA - "Ozzfest" San Manuel Amphitheate
- 09/27 -Seattle, WA - WaMu Theater
- 09/28 - Eugene, OR - Matthew Knight Arena
- 09/29 - San Jose, CA - City National Civic
- 10/01 - Bloomfield, CO - 1st Bank Center
- 10/03 - Council Bluffs, IA - Mid America Recreation & Conv. Complex
- 10/04 - St. Paul, MN - Roy Wilkins Auditorium
- 10/05 - Chicago, IL - Sears Centre
- 10/07 - Moline, IL - iWireless Center
- 10/08 - Milwaukee, WI - UWM Panther Arena
- 10/09 - Detroit, MI - Joe Louis Arena
- 10/11 - Bethlehem, PA - Sands Event Center
- 10/12 - Worcester, MA - DCU Center
- 10/13 - Uncasville, CT - Mohegan Sun Arena
- 10/14 - Newark, NJ - Prudential Center
- 10/16 - Camden, NJ - BB&T Pavilion