by VVN Network
Bruce Springsteen releases his long-in-the-writing autobiography, Born to Run, on September 27.
Four days earlier (September 23), Bruce will release a companion album with songs from throughout his career that tie in with the themes of the new book.
Chapter and Verse includes eighteen tracks including five from the early part of Springsteen's career that have never previously been released.
Opening up the album is two tracks by The Castiles, Bruce's band when he was a teenager and is followed by one track each from his groups Steel Mill and The Bruce Springsteen Band before entering into his Columbia Records catalog.
Included are a number of Springsteen's best known songs including Born to Run, Badlands and Born in the U.S.A. The album ends with the 2012 track Wrecking Ball.
The album will be released as a single CD and a double vinyl LP along with to digital services.
The track list:
- Baby I - The Castiles (recorded May 2, 1966, at Mr. Music, Bricktown, NJ; written by Bruce Springsteen and George Theiss; previously unreleased)
- You Can't Judge a Book by the Cover - The Castiles (recorded Sept. 16, 1967, at The Left Foot, Freehold, NJ; written by Willie Dixon; previously unreleased)
- He's Guilty (The Judge Song) - Steel Mill (recorded Feb. 22, 1970, at Pacific Recording Studio, San Mateo, CA; previously unreleased)
- Ballad of Jesse James - The Bruce Springsteen Band (recorded March 14, 1972, at Challenger Eastern Surfboards, Highland, NJ; previously unreleased)
- Henry Boy (recorded June 1972, at Mediasound Studios, New York, NY; previously unreleased)
- Growin' Up (recorded May 3, 1972, at Columbia Records Recordings Studios, New York, NY; previously appeared on 'Tracks')
- 4th of July, Asbury Park (Sandy) (1973, 'The Wild, The Innocent & the E Street Shuffle')
- Born to Run (1975, 'Born to Run')
- Badlands (1977, 'Darkness on the Edge of Town')
- The River (1980, 'The River')
- My Father's House (1982, 'Nebraska')
- Born in the U.S.A. (1984, 'Born in the U.S.A.')
- Brilliant Disguise (1987, 'Tunnel of Love')
- Living Proof (1992, 'Lucky Town')
- The Ghost of Tom Joad (1995, 'The Ghost of Tom Joad')
- The Rising (2002, 'The Rising')
- Long Time Comin' (2005, 'Devils & Dust')
- Wrecking Ball (2012, 'Wrecking Ball')