by VVN Music
Paul Simon's Stranger to Stranger is turning into one of the best charting albums of his career.
On the Hit Daily Double sales chart, Simon is projected to have the biggest selling album of the week and by a large margin. Stranger to Stranger has projected first week sales of 65,920 with the second place album, Volbeat's Seal the Deal & Let's Boogie, at 47,900 and Beyonce's Lemonade at 47,160.
Of course, pure sales means nothing these days when it comes to the Billboard 200 and streaming equivalents have dwarfed the pure sales numbers. Topping that chart is Drake's Views which had only 31,385 in pure sales but, with streaming, was boosted to 134,748. Beyonce comes in second with streams moving her up to 69,200. Simon then comes in third with streaming only adding about 1,100 additional copies.
If the numbers hold, this will be Simon's highest charting studio album since Graceland reached the same position in 1985. Here's Simon's studio albums ranked by chart peak:
- Still Crazy After All These Years (1975 / #1)
- There Goes Rhymin' Simon (1973 / #2)
- Graceland (1986 / #3)
- Stranger to Stranger (2016 / #3 (projected)
- Paul Simon (1972 / #4)
- The Rhythm of the Saints (1990 / #4)
- So Beautiful or So What (2011 / #4)
- Surprise (2006 / #14)
- You're the One (2000 / #19)
- Hearts and Bones (1983 / #35)
- Songs From the Capeman (1997 / #42)
- The Paul Simon Songbook (1965 / Did not chart)