by VVN Music
The rumors that have been swirling for weeks have finally been confirmed. Prince died from an overdose of pain killer.
The autopsy report has been issued by the Midwest Medical Examiner's Office showing that the singer had taken an accidental overdose of Fentanyl, a synthetic opiate that is normally prescribed to people who had built up a tolerance to more standard pain killers such as Percocet.
Among the information revealed on the report:
- "The decedent self-administered fentanyl"
- At the time of his death, Prince was 5 feet 3 inches tall and weighed 112 pounds
- When found, he was wearing "black cap; black shirt; undershirt; black pants; black boxer briefs; black socks"
- The cause of death was an "accident" and the cause was "Fentanyl toxicity"
- The medical examiner who signed the paperwork was Quinn Strobel, MD, Medical Examiner.