Autopsy Results: Prince Died of an Overdose of Pain Killers

by VVN Music

The rumors that have been swirling for weeks have finally been confirmed. Prince died from an overdose of pain killer.

The autopsy report has been issued by the Midwest Medical Examiner's Office showing that the singer had taken an accidental overdose of Fentanyl, a synthetic opiate that is normally prescribed to people who had built up a tolerance to more standard pain killers such as Percocet.

Among the information revealed on the report:
  • "The decedent self-administered fentanyl"
  • At the time of his death, Prince was 5 feet 3 inches tall and weighed 112 pounds
  • When found, he was wearing "black cap; black shirt; undershirt; black pants; black boxer briefs; black socks"
  • The cause of death was an "accident" and the cause was "Fentanyl toxicity"
  • The medical examiner who signed the paperwork was Quinn Strobel, MD, Medical Examiner.
The form also states that this is the only information that will be released and "Under Minnesota law, all other medical examiner data is considered private or nonpublic data."  They also state that "The Carver County Sheriff's Office continues its investigation."

The local sheriff and, later, the federal DEA and other agencies have been investigating the possibility of a drug overdose since shortly after the singer's death. They have been focusing on local doctors and pharmacies under the assumption that Prince had been doctor shopping to obtain more than a recommended quantity of a drug. 

Witnesses have said the he had made four separate trips to the pharmacy in the week prior to his death to pick up prescriptions. A plane that he was on from Atlanta to Minneapolis less than a week prior to his passing also made an emergency landing for what was said was treatment of the flu but some sources have alleged was for a "save shot" due to an overdose.

There is also an investigation into the son of a California addiction specialist who had flown to Minnesota to watch over the singer until his father could make the trip.  He was the person that found Prince's lifeless body and it is known that he had controlled substances in his possession although he claims he did not give any to the singer.  





No comments

Powered by Blogger.