by VVN Music
AC/DC have finally set the new dates for their postponed U.S. Rock or Bust tour shows.
The band cut the 2015 tour short when Brian Johnson announced he was leaving on the advisement of doctors who told him he was risking total hearing loss if he continued. After a short time, it was announced that Guns N Roses frontman Axl Rose would step in for Johnson for the remainder of the tour.
While fans were initially skeptical about Rose taking over, critics have been very positive about the union and both Rose and Angus Young have said they are open to further collaborations. Young said "This band has got a ton of energy and you’re going to see a fusion of all that terrific chemistry that we have felt ever since rehearsals in Lisbon. I want to get back out there onstage in the US with these guys so our audience can see and feel it too."
Only Angus Young and Cliff Williams from the long-term classic lineup remain in the group. Stevie Young replaced his uncle Malcolm after he developed dementia and Chris Slade returned in place of Phil Rudd on drums after he ran into trouble with the law in New Zealand.
The new dates:
- 08/27 - Greensboro, NC - Greensboro Coliseum
- 08/30 - Ft. Lauderdale, FL - BB&T Center
- 09/01 - Atlanta, GA - Phillips Arena
- 09/04 - Columbus, OH - Nationwide Arena
- 09/06 - Cleveland, OH - Quicken Loans Arena
- 09/09 - Detroit, MI - The Palace
- 09/11 - Buffalo, NY - First Niagara Center
- 09/14 - New York, NY - Madison Square Garden
- 09/17 - Washington, DC - Verizon Center
- 09/20 - Philadelphia, PA - Wells Fargo Center