Sinead O'Connor Found Safe After Being Reported Missing For 24 Hours

by Newsdesk & VVN Music

Police in Wilmette, IL have found singer Sinead O'Connor after she was reported missing and possibly suicidal.

Police launched their manhunt after she went missing in Chicago on Sunday. The Nothing Compares 2 U star was reported missing on Monday after she failed to return from a bicycle ride early on Sunday morning. Wilmette Police were "seeking to check the well-being" of the 49-year-old.

The initial press release from the authorities read: "O'Connor reportedly left the Wilmette area for a bicycle ride yesterday at 6:00 AM and has not returned. A caller has expressed concern for her well-being and no other information is available at this time."

TMZ first reported that O'Connor had been classified as "missing suicidal" after an unidentified person called in to police to report that she had not returned from her bike ride. Sinead was last seen on a Raleigh motorized bicycle with a pink basket, wearing a black parka, black leather pants and a sweatshirt with 'Ireland' written on it.

The singer has a history of mental health issues and cancelled a summer tour last year, citing "exhaustion due to an existing not resolved medical situation". She also cut ties with her family in November after sharing news she had suffered an overdose in a hotel room. Taking to Facebook, she revealed she woke up in a hospital and labelled her family "hypocrites" for coming to visit her and leaving before she woke. "I never wanna see you again. You stole my sons from me. Then you had hypocrisy to come to hospital and then not be here when I wake and not pick up phone?" she raged. "You're dead to me. You killed your mother. You stole my sons. You left me alone for twelve weeks!"

O'Connor was misdiagnosed with bipolar disorder, but she does suffer depression and suicidal tendencies.

Sinead made headlines again following Prince's death last month when she accused comedian Arsenio Hall of providing the pop superstar with the prescription drugs that allegedly led to his demise. Hall denied the allegations and subsequently filed a defamation lawsuit against the singer.

According to TMZ and a local Chicago news source, O'Connor as taken to a hospital for evaluation.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.