by VVN Music
Red Bull TV is expanding their music festival coverage for 2016 with the broadcasting of six gatherings.
Red Bull hosts Sal Masekela and Will Best will be traveling around the world, taking viewers to Primavera Sound (Spain), Bonnaroo (USA), Roskilde (Denmark), Lollapalooza (USA), Bestival (UK) and Austin City Limits Music Festival (USA) for live performances, artist interviews, and beyond the stage to reveal the one-of-a-kind people, moments, and locations that make these festivals among the best of the year.
Planned is coverage of 800 acts with 400 hours of live programming over 18 days. Fans can see the performances at redbull.tv/festivals or on a Red Bull TV app on a variety of different platforms.
- June 2 to 4 - Primavera Sound Festival in Barcelona Spain
- Primavera Sound prides itself in showcasing the most diverse range of acts around, bringing together the best of the independent scene and established artists. The festival taps into an eclectic mix of the most interesting rock and pop as well as underground electronic music – all without resorting to mainstream commercial bands. Over the years, the sonic DNA of Primavera Sound has transformed the event from one of the best urban music festivals in the world into an internationally renowned cultural event. primaverasound.com
- June 9 to 12 - Bonnaroo in Manchester, TN
- Bonnaroo takes its name from a Creole slang word for “good stuff.” Since 2002, it has been a staple of the American music festival scene, bringing together hundreds of thousands of music lovers onto a sprawling 700-acre farm. The annual, four-day immersive experience celebrates the best in live music from timeless legends to emerging artists. Beyond the music, America's largest camping festival also hosts a 24-hour cinema, theater performers, a classic arcade, a beer festival and a comedy club. Bonnaroo.com
- June 29 to July 2 - Roskilde in Roskilde, Denmark
- Roskilde is the Mecca of music festivals. It’s been around since 1971, becoming the largest Northern European music and culture festival. The festival includes an 80-hectare campsite underlining that camping traditions is a major part of the Roskilde experience. Over the years, the festival has developed a flair for breaking technology, sustainable co-creation projects as well as art projects and gourmet food by top Danish chefs. But its roots are still firmly planted in music, as evidenced by its legendary iconic Orange Stage, along with 8 additional stages and 175 acts playing them. roskilde-festival.dk
- July 28 to 31 - Lollapalooza in Chicago, IL
- Lollapalooza, the concert series that redefined the modern festival experience, returns to downtown Chicago’s historic Grant Park in honor of its 25th anniversary. Originally conceived by Perry Farrell as a farewell tour for his band Jane’s Addiction, Lolla now stands as one of the premier destinations for music fans in both the United Sates and abroad. Its popularity has even expanded the festival internationally to Colombia, Chile, Brazil, Argentina, and Germany. lollapalooza.com
- September 8 to 11 - Bestival in Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
- The Future is happening at Bestival as it hurtles headlong into the good times. Last year, Bestival claimed “Best Major Festival” at the UK Festival Awards. As an encore, it’s 2016 Future theme will bring an incredible cast of musical pioneers, forward thinking funksters and precognitive pop stars, who will guide music lovers into the glamorous machine age, signaling eternal bliss. The journey disembarks from Robin Hill on the Isle of Wight. bestival.net
- September 30 to October 2 - Austin City Limits Music Festival in Austin, TX
- Austin City Limits Music Festival calls to fans from far and wide to make a pilgrimage deep into the heart of Texas. As their reward for making the trek, ACL Festival always provides memorable music sets along with vibrant art markets and unbelievable culinary offerings. Now celebrating its 15th year, ACL Festival continues to fuel the city’s reputation as the cultural oasis of the Lone Star State and the live music capital of the world. aclfestival.com