The Desert Trip Festival in Indio, CA has extended to two weekends.
The festival, produced by Goldenvoice, is now being (semi)affectionately called "Oldchella" based on its lineup of The Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, Paul McCartney, Neil Young, Roger Waters and The Who and, even though tickets ranged all the way to $1,599 for the weekend, demand was big enough for the promoters to schedule a second weekend.
Desert Trip will now be held from Friday, October 7 through Sunday October 9 and again from Friday, October 14 through Sunday, October 16.
Each weekend will have the same schedule:
- Friday: The Rolling Stones & Bob Dylan and His Band
- Saturday: Paul McCartney & Neil Young + Promise of the Real
- Sunday: Roger Waters & The Who
- The General Admission area is the only place where you can buy single day tickets at $199 each while a three day pass would be $399.
- The farthest back section in the floor seating is $699 for the weekend.
- The middle of the floor seating and the back half of the grandstands are $999 for the weekend.
- The front of the floor seating, the front of the grandstand seating and the standing pit are all $1,599 for the weekend.