Neil Young will release Earth, with performances from his 2015 Monsanto Years tour with Promise of the Real, on June 17 (note Amazon is listing a June 10 availability) via Reprise Records.
More than a straight live album, the raw performances are enhanced with additional musical overdubs along with sounds of the earth from city to country.
Young said "Ninety-eight uninterrupted minutes long, Earth flows as a collection of 13 songs from throughout my life, songs I have written about living here on our planet together. Our animal kingdom is well represented in the audience as well, and the animals, insects, birds, and mammals actually take over the performances of the songs at times."
Included are four songs from The Monsanto Years, two from Ragged Glory and a number from a variety of Young albums. There is also a previously unrecorded song, I Won't Quit.
The track list:
- People Want to Hear About Love (from The Monsanto Years, 2015)
- Big Box (from The Monsanto Years, 2015)
- Mother Earth (from Ragged Glory, 1990)
- The Monsanto Years (from The Monsanto Years, 2015)
- I Won't Quit (previously unreleased)
- Western Hero (from Sleeps With Angels, 1994)
- Vampire Blues (from On The Beach, 1974)
- Hippie Dream (from Landing On Water, 1986)
- After The Gold Rush (from After The Gold Rush, 1970)
- Wolf Moon (from The Monsanto Years, 2015)
- Love & Only Love (from Ragged Glory, 1990)
Earth will be released as a two-CD and a three-LP set along with on digital sites.