Kris Kristofferson turns 80 on June 22 and, five days earlier on June 17, he will release a new two-CD set revisiting some of his classic songs with The Cedar Creek Sessions.
The album was recorded over three days in 2014 in Austin, TX with Tamara Saviano and Shawn Camp producing. Camp played guitar on the sessions along with Kevin Smith on bass, Michael Ramos on keyboards and Mike Meadows on drums.
Included are some of his best known songs like Sunday Morning Coming Down, For the Good Times and Help Me Make It Through the Night along with classic album tracks such as The Law is For the Protection of the People, Darby's Castle, Casey's Last Ride and To Beat the Devil.
In addition, one song, The Loving Gift, has never been recorded by Kristofferson. Released as duets by Johnny Cash and June Carter and Kenny Rogers and Dottie West, Kris takes on the song here with Sheryl Crow.
The track list:
- Duvalier's Dream
- The Loving Gift (with special guest Sheryl Crow)
- The Sabre and the Rose
- The Law Is for the Protection of the People
- It No Longer Matters What I Do
- Stagger Mountain Tragedy
- The Wife You Save
- Lay Me Down and Love the World Away
- The Bigger the Fool (The Harder the Fall)
- Sunday Mornin’ Comin’ Down
- Spooky Lady's Revenge
- Forever in Your Love
- Darby's Castle
- Me and Bobby McGee
- Broken Freedom Song
- Casey's Last Ride
- Billy Dee
- Easter Island
- For the Good Times
- Help Me Make It Through the Night
- Jody and the Kid
- Loving Her Was Easier (Than Anything I'll Ever Do Again)
- Risky Business
- To Beat the Devil