In 1981, former Ted Nugent guitarist Derek St. Holmes got together with Brad Whitford, who had recently left Aerosmith, to record an album as Whitford/St. Holmes.
Within a couple of years, Whitford was back with Aerosmith and St. Holmes had moved on to other projects after their LP failed to find much success but the flame was evidently still alive as, all these years later, the two are coming back together for a new album, Reunion, out June 3 on Mailboat Records.
The reunion came about when the two moved near each other outside of Nashville. After writing some new material, they brought in Chopper Anderson on bass, Buck Johnson for keyboards and Tesla drummer Troy Luccketta and went into The Castle Studio in Franklin, TN to lay down the new tracks.
Whitford said of the collaboration "It’s hard to believe we first jammed over 30 years ago."
St. Holmes added "We are excited for this record to get out there, we want to share it with our friends, all the hardcore rock ‘n’ roll fans… Like our fans and good whiskey we all seem to get better with age. These new cuts are bold, brassy and ballsy and we can’t wait to play them live."
The duo, with their band, will tour this summer on Whitesnake's Greatest Hits Tour 2016.
- 06/03 - Dallas, TX - Bomb Factory
- 06/05 - Houston, TX - Revention Music Center
- 06/06 - San Antonio, TX - Majestic Theatre
- 06/08 - Indianapolis, IN - Murat Theatre
- 06/11 - Northfield, OH - Hard Rock Rocksino
- 06/14 - Cincinnati, OH - PNC Pavilion
- 06/15 - Huber Heights, OH - Rose Music Center
- 06/17 - Detroit, MI - Fox Theatre
- 06/20 - Brooklyn, NY - Kings Theatre
- 06/21 - Montclair, NJ - The Wellmont Theatre
- 06/22 - Sellersville, PA - Sellersville Theater (Headlining, No Whitesnake)
- 06/23 - Hampton Beach, NH - Hampton Beach Casino
- 06/25 - Boston, MA - House of Blues
- 06/26 - Portland, ME - Maine State Pier
- 06/28 - Lewiston, NY - Artpark Amphitheater
- 06/29 - Silver Spring, MD - The Fillmore
- 07/01 - Londonderry, NH - Tupelo Music Hall (Headlining, No Whitesnake)