by Paul Cashmere, Noise11
Tom Jones is staying with his soul revival, planning his current shows around his most recent albums and rarely going back to the songs that made him a star in the 1960s.
Jones’ last three albums Praise and Blame (2010), Spirit In The Room (2012) and Long Lost Suitcase (2015) revert back to his influences and that is what Sir Tom is happiest performing live these days.
The classic 60s has been boxed into a three track section towards the end of the first half of his show. Thunderball, his classic 1966 Bond theme, was also given an airing at the end of the show.
Tom Jones performed his show for Melbourne fans at Hamer Hall on March 25.
Tom Jones Melbourne March 25, 2016 Set list:
- Burning Hell (from Praise and Blame, 2010)
- Run On (from Praise and Blame, 2010)
- Mama Told Me Not To Come (from Reload, 1999)
- Soul of a Man (from Spirit in the Room, 2012)
- Sexbomb (from Reload, 1999)
- Delilah (from Delilah, 1968)
- Green Green Grass of Home (from Green Green Grass of Home, 1967)
- It's Not Unusual (from It’s Not Unusual, 1965)
- You Can Leave Your Hat On (from The Full Monty, 1997)
- Elvis Presley Blues (from Long Lost Suitcase, 2015)
- Take My Love (from Long Lost Suitcase, 2015)
- Shake A Hand (Faye Adams cover)
- Raise a Ruckus (from Long Lost Suitcase, 2015)
- Tower of Song (from Spirit in the Room, 2012)
- Thunderball (from James Bond’s Thunderball, 1966)
- Kiss (from At This Moment, 1988)
- Strange Things Happening Every Day (from Praise and Blame, 2010)