by Paul Cashmere, Noise11
Moving Pictures will tour Australia in May to mark the 35th anniversary of the classic Days of Innocence album.
Days of Innocence was the debut album for the band. Released in October 1981 the album featured the hit song What About Me, later covered by Shannon Noll in 2004. The song was the second biggest hit in Australia for 1982 (before Survivor's Eye of the Tiger) and was a Top 30 hit in the USA.
Days of Innocence was also the 4th biggest selling album of 1982 in Australia, behind Men At Work’s Business As Usual, The Human League’s Dare and the Chariots of Fire soundtrack.
When the band appeared on Australian television on Countdown for the first time, Adam Ant introduced their debut single Busting Loose.
Days of Innocence was the number one album in Australia from March 22 – May 9, 1982. It knocked Cliff Richard Love Songs from the top of the Australian chart and was replaced in May by Cold Chisel's Circus Animals.
Moving Pictures dates:
- 05/06 - Newcastle - Belmonts 16s
- 05/14 - Melbourne - Memo Music Hall
- 05/20 - Gold Coast - Twin Towns
- 05/27 - Sydney - Bankstown Sports
- 05/28 - Sydney - Wenty Leagues Wentworthville
- 06/03 - Sydney - Bridge Hotel Rozelle
- 06/04 - Sydney - Narrabeen RSL