by Paul Cashmere, Noise11
Garbage have created their own label STUNVOLUME for the release of the band’s sixth album Strange Little Birds in June.
After 20 years Garbage is still Garbage Shirley Manson, Steve Marker, Duke Erikson and Butch Vig.
Strange Little Birds was worked up Vig’s basement and then at Red Razor Sounds in Los Angeles, Garbage.
“The guiding principle was keeping it fresh, and relying on instinct both lyrically and musically, less fussed over,” said Shirley Manson. “We fell in love with immediacy,” adds Vig.
Garbage reached back to their first album for inspiration for Strange Little Birds. “To me, this record, funnily enough, has the most to do with the first record, rather than any of the previous records,” Shirley says. “It’s getting back to that beginner’s headspace. In part, that’s a result of not having anyone to answer to.”
The track list:
- If I Lost You
- Night Drive Loneliness
- Even Though Our Love Is Doomed
- We Never Tell
- So We Can Stay Alive
- Teaching Little Fingers To Play
The band have also set a number of European dates and festivals:
- 05/24 - Reims, France - La Cartonnerie
- 05/26 - Dortmund, Germany - Rock im Revier Festival
- 05/27 - Frankfurt, Germany - Women Of The World Festival
- 05/28 - Munich, Germany - Rockavaria Festival
- 05/30 - Amsterdam, Holland - The Paradiso
- 05/31 - Luxembourg, Luxembourg - Den Atelier
- 06/01 - Nyon, Switzerland - Caribana Festival
- 06/03 - Lyon, France - Le Radiant
- 06/04 - Montereau, France - Montereau Confluence Festival
- 06/05 - Grenoble, France - La Belle Electrique
- 06/07 - Ljubljana, Slovenia - Center Urbane Kulture Kino Siska
- 06/08 – Milan, Italy - Fabrique
- 06/10 – Nickelsdorf, Austria - Nova Rock Festival
- 06/13 – London, UK - Troxy
- 06/14 - Nottingham, UK - Rock City
- 08/08 - Lokeren, Belgium - Lokerse Festival
- 08/10 - Luhmuhlen, Germany - A Summer's Tale