Anthrax have their first top ten album in the U.S. since 1993 as For All Kings debuts at number 9.
This is the second highest charting album of Anthrax' 32 year recording career right behind 1993's Sound of White Noise which went to number 7 and just ahead of 2011's Worship Music which peaked at 12.
Bonnie Raitt has fallen off just slightly from her last album, Slipstream, which debuted at 6, with Dig in Deep. The album opens this week at number 11 making it her second highest charting album since her breakthrough trio of Nick of Time, Luck of the Draw and Longing In Their Hearts which all went to 1 or 2.
Raitt's Dig In Deep tops the Blues and Folk Albums charts.
It's hard to compare Willie Nelson albums because, over the years, he has tried so many different things from duo LPs to reggae to standards. His latest, Summertime: Willie Nelson Sings Gershwin, falls into that latter category and is a bit of a disappointment. It premiers this week at 40 while his last two albums, the duet sets To All the Girls... (2013 / #9) and Band of Brothers (2014 / #5), both went top ten. Summertime did, though, beat his last standards album, 2013's Let's Face the Music and Dance, which peaked at 49.
Nelson's Summertime is at number 1 on the Jazz Albums chart.
At 113 is the premier of George Fest: The Music of George Harrison with an array of artists saluting the late-Beatle, rounding out the new releases by veteran artists to make the Billboard 200.
In our weekly tally of the Top Forty Albums by Veteran Artists, David Bowie has four titles (three in the top ten) as do Michael Jackson and Eminem while Metallica has three and Elton John has two.
The top ten albums this week by veteran artists:
- For All Kings - Anthrax
- Dig in Deep - Bonnie Raitt
- Summertime: Willie Nelson Sings Gershwin - Willie Nelson
- Off the Wall - Michael Jackson
- Best of Bowie - David Bowie
- The Very Best of the Eagles - Eagles
- Blackstar - David Bowie
- Metallica (Black Album) - Metallica
- Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars - David Bowie
- Damn Country Music - Tim McGraw
- I Like It When You Sleep, For You Are So Beautiful Yet So Unaware Of It - The 1975
- 25 - Adele
- Anti - Rihanna
- This Unruly Mess I've Made - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
- Purpose - Justin Bieber
- Work - Rihanna Featuring Drake
- Love Yourself - Justin Bieber
- Stressed Out - twenty one pilots
- My House - Flo Rida
- Sorry - Justin Bieber
- Hard Rock Albums - For All Kings - Anthrax
- Folk Albums - Dig in Deep - Bonnie Raitt
- Blues Albums - Dig in Deep - Bonnie Raitt
- Jazz Albums - Summertime: Willie Nelson Sings Gershwin - Willie Nelson
- New Age Albums - Dark Sky Island - Enya
- Tropical Albums - 3.0 - Marc Anthony
- Adult R&B Songs - Angel - Lalah Hathaway
- Gospel Songs - Wanna Be Happy? - Kirk Franklin
- Christian Songs - Good Good Father - Chris Tomlin
- Christian Digital Songs - Good Good Father - Chris Tomlin