Almanac: March 30, 2016
- 1913 - Frankie Laine (d. 2007)
- 1914 - Sonny Boy Williamson (born John Williamson) (d. 1948)
- 1930 - Rolf Harris (86)
- 1939 - Don Edwards (77)
- 1941 - Graeme Edge (Moody Blues) (75)
- 1943 - Ken Forssi (Love) (d. 1998)
- 1943 - Jay Traynor (Mystics, Jay & the Americans) (d. 2014)
- 1945 - Eric Clapton (71)
- 1948 - James "Jim Dandy" Mangrum (Black Oak Arkansas) (68)
- 1949 - Lene Lovich (67)
- 1950 - Dave Ball (Procol Harum) (66)
- 1950 - Shirley Marie MacLeod (aka Re Styles) (Tubes) (66)
- 1950 - Rupert Greenall (Fixx) (66)
- 1955 - Randy VanWarmer (d. 2004)
- 1959 - David Ball (Soft Cell) (57)
- 1962 - MC Hammer (born Stanley Burrell) (54)
- 1964 - Tracy Chapman (52)
- 1965 - Tim Dorney (Republica) (51)
- 1966 - Joey Castillo (Queens of the Stone Age) (50)
- 1968 - Celine Dion (48)
- 1976 - Mark McClelland (Snow Patrol) (40)
- 1973 - Adam "DJ AM" Goldstein (d. 2009)
- 1979 - Norah Jones (37)
- 1979 - Simon Webbe (Blue) (37)
- 1984 - Anna Nalick (32)
- 1984 - Justin Moore (32)
- 1990 - Thomas Rhett (26)
- 2004 - Timi Yuro - Throat cancer (63)
- 2005 - Derrick Plourde (Ataris) - Suicide (33)
- 2013 - Phil Ramone - Aortic Aneurysm (79)
- 1957 - Buddy Knox hit number 1 in the U.S. with Party Doll, the first chart topper in the rock era written by the artist.
- 1957 - Wilma Lee & Stoney Cooper joined the Grand Ole Opry.
- 1966 - 85 people were arrested after a riot breaks out at a Rolling Stones show in Paris.
- 1967 - The photo session was held for the cover of the Paul Wall' Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.
- 1968 - David Bowie made his debut with the Lindsay Kemp mime troupe in Pierrot in Turquoise.
- 1970 - Led Zeppelin stoped a show in Pittsburgh, saying they won't continue until the police stop harassing the audience.
- 1974 - Ramones play their first show.
- 1976 - The Sex Pistols play their first show at London's 100 Club.
- 1978 - Paul Simonon and Nicky Headon of the Clash are arrested and fined $1,360 for shooting racing pigeons with an air gun.
- 1982 - George Jones was arrested for DUI after crashing his car in Mississippi.
- 1984 - Greg Lake left Asia and is replaced by the original bassist and singer John Wetton.
- 1989 - Gladys Knight performed for the first time without the Pips since they were in grammar school.
- 1989 - Gilley's nightclub in Pasadena, TX, closed down.
- 1999 - Kiss cancels three shows in Russia due to growing anti-American sentiments due to the bombing of Yugoslavia.
- 2000 - Mick Jagger returned to his alma matter, Dartford Grammer, to dedicate an arts center named for him.
- 2000 - Ray Dorset of Mungo Jerry was ordered to pay a former employee $1,054 after harassing her after she left his employment.
- 2001 - LeAnn Rimes settled a lawsuit against her father and a former manager for an undisclosed sum. She had claimed the pair had stolen $12 million from her.
- 2003 - Mike Smith takes over as guitarist of Limp Bizkit after Wes Borland leaves the group.
- 2004 - Guns N' Roses were forced to cancel their appearance at the Rock in Rio festival after guitarist Buckethead suddenly quits.
- 2004 - Marilyn Manson fired guitarist John5.
- 2004 - Todd Harrell of 3 Doors Down is acquitted of assault.
- 2007 - A man is arrested after trying to break into Paul McCartney's mansion.
- 2013 - Kacey Musgraves made her Grand Ole Opry debut.
- 2014 - Bachman-Turner Overdrive were inducted into the Canadian Music Hall of Fame.
- 1997 - Vanilla Ice and Laura Giarritta
- 2007 - Phillip Sweet (Little Big Town) and Rebbeca Arthur
- 1955 - Blue Monday - Fats Domino
- 1956 - I Walk the Line - Johnny Cash
- 1963 - It's My Party - Lesley Gore (produced by Quincy Jones)
- 1968 - Live Yardbirds - Yardbirds
- 1992 - Automatic For the People - R.E.M. (recording started)
- 1970 - Bitches Brew - Miles Davis
- 1984 - The Making of Thriller - Michael Jackson (videotape)
- 1963 - American Bandstand (ABC) - Lesley Gore (first appearance)
- 1966 - Color Me Barbra (CBS) - Barbra Streisand
- 1967 - Top of the Pops (BBC) - Jimi Hendrix
- 1984 - The Tube (U.K.) - David Gilmour
Number Ones - U.S. Singles:
- 1957 - Party Doll - Buddy Knox (1 week)
- 1963 - He's So Fine - Chiffons (1 week)
- 1974 - Sunshine on My Shoulder - John Denver (1 week)
- 1985 - One More Night - Phil Collins (2 weeks)
- 1991 - Coming Out of the Dark - Gloria Estefan (2 weeks)
Number Ones - U.K. Singles:
- 1956 - Rock and Roll Waltz - Kay Starr (1 week)
- 1968 - Lady Madonna - Beatles (2 weeks)