The Society for the Preservation of Bluegrass Music of America (SPBGMA) held their 42nd annual Music Awards on Sunday night at the Sheraton Music City Hotel in Nashville with the Farm Hands taking four prizes on the night.
Now in their sixty year, the Farm Hands took home the Bluegrass Vocal Group of the Year and Bluegrass Gospel Group of the Year awards while member Daryl Mosley was named Songwriter of the Year and Tim Graves won Dobro Player of the Year.
Veteran artist Rhonda Vincent won the coveted Entertainer of the Year along with Overall Female Vocalist of the Year while she and her group the Rage won Bluegrass Instrumental Group of the Year.
Russell Moore of IIIrd Tyme Out fame took Overall Male Vocalist of the Year.
Ronnie Reno, also know as "Bluegrass Music's Youngest Old Timer" was inducted into the Preservation Hall of Greats. Reno said "I am so incredibly humbled to be listed among artists who have inspired me throughout my entire career. While I’ve known a lot of them personally, I have also studied their licks, admired their music and respected their craftsmanship to the point that I’ve dedicated a great deal of my career getting their performances archived on film and in audio files so that others can benefit from their work. To find myself listed among them is just mind-blowing! I just don’t even know what to say."
- Entertainer of the Year - Rhonda Vincent
- Band of the Year (Overall) - Flatt Lonesome
- Male Vocalist of the Year (Overall) - Russell Moore
- Female Vocalist of the Year (Overall) - Rhonda Vincent
- Instrumental Group of the Year - Rhonda Vincent & the Rage
- Vocal Group of the Year - The Farm Hands
- Gospel Group of the Year - The Farm Hands
- Album of the Year - Runaway Train - Flat Lonesome
- Song of the Year - The Last Parade by Joe Mullins & the Radio Ramblers
- Songwriter of the Year - Daryl Mosley
- Fiddle Performer of the Year - Michael Cleveland
- Banjo Performer of the Year - Kenny Ingram
- Mandolin Performer of the Year - Danny Roberts
- Guitar Performer of the Year - Josh Williams
- Dobro Performer of the Year - Tim Graves
- Bass Fiddle Performer of the Year - Mickey Harris
- DJ of the Year - Kyle Cantrell - Sirius XM 61
- Radio Station of the Year - Sirius XM 61 (Bluegrass Junction)
- Promoter of the Year - D.A. Callaway