by Paul Cashmere, Noise11
Australia’s most successful duo, Air Supply, will return home in June for their 40th anniversary tour.
Graham Russell and Russell Hitchcock formed Air Supply in 1975 in Melbourne after working together in the original Australian production on Jesus Christ Superstar. Their first single Love and Other Bruises generated a number 6 hit for the band in 1977. The debut album, released in December 1977, peaked at number 17 on the Australian chart.
In 1980, American success kicked in for the Australian group and between 1980 and 1983 Air Supply had eight Top 10 hits on America’s Billboard chart.
1980’s Lost In Love album became their first US album success and sold over 2,000,000. The next two albums The One That You Love and Now and Forever were also both million sellers in the USA.
“On our 40th year as Air Supply, nothing will make us more proud as going back to the place where we began,” said Graham Russell.
Air Supply dates:
- 06/02 - Christchurch, NZ - Horncastle
- 06/03 - Wellington, NZ - Opera House
- 06/04 - Auckland, NZ - Great Hall
- 06/07 - Adelaide, Australia - Thebarton
- 06/08 - Melbourne, Australia - Palais Theatre
- 06/09 - Hobart, Australia - Wrest Point
- 06/11 - Canberra, Australia - Llewelyn Hall
- 06/12 - Sydney, Australia - The Star
- 06/13 - Brisbane, Australia - Plaza Ballroom
- 06/14 - Darwin, Australia - Entertainment Centre
- 06/16 - Perth, Australia - Concert Hall