Paul Anka is the latest artist to pull out of European shows, although he made the move a month after most other artists.
A long list of tours were postponed or cancelled after the Paris terrorist attack but things seem to have settled down in the last week or two. A number of artists are back on the continent. U2 played their shows in Paris that were scheduled the nights after the attack. Anka, though, seems to indicate that he is aware of other conditions that could make touring dangerous and says that some of the shows were already cancelled by promoters before he made his decision.
Due to ongoing security concerns in Europe, Paul Anka has made the difficult decision, as some other Artists have also done, to postpone his upcoming European concerts. As some of this tour’s concerts were already canceled by Promoters , it seemed the responsible decision to postpone the entire group of shows to another time. Mr. Anka is looking forward to seeing all his fans at the appropriate time in the near future. Please stay in touch with the local promoter in your area to be apprised of any rescheduled concert dates.Anka does have a series of shows scheduled stateside for January.
- 01/12 - West Palm Beach, FL - Raymond F. Kravis Center for the Performing Arts
- 01/13 - Fort Lauderdale, FL - Broward Center for the Performing Arts
- 01/14 - Orlando, FL - Dr Philips Center of the Performing Arts
- 01/16 - Clearwater, FL - Ruth Eckerd Hall
- 01/17 - Sarasota, FL - Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall
- 01/18 - Fort Myers, FL - Barbara B Mann Performing Arts Hall
- 01/20 - Fort Pierce, FL - Sunrise Theatre