by Music-News.com Newsdesk
The day after what would have been George Harrison’s 73rd birthday, February 26, 2016, Hot Records Ltd. and Vagrant Records are proud to present George Fest: A Night To Celebrate The Music Of George Harrison.
Recorded and filmed on September 28, 2014 at the The Fonda Theater in Los Angeles. This live tribute will be available in 4 configurations including 2xCD/DVD, 2xCD/Blu-Ray, 3xLP (180 gram) and digital download.
Produced by Dhani Harrison and David Zonshine, Harrison stated, “I’ve always imagined a small club show where my generation of musicians could cut loose on some of the deeper tracks from his career… So, in a totally new and vibrant way, I once again found myself taking the stage with some of my most treasured musical heroes to the sound of the most familiar music in my life… I hope you enjoy listening to these as much as I do. They are some of the best interpretations of my father’s songs I could have ever thought possible.”
The line up includes Brian Wilson, Nora Jones, The Killers’ Brandon Flowers, Conan O’Brien, The Flaming Lips, Ben Harper, Britt Daniel from Spoon, Heart’s Ann Wilson, Dhani Harrison, “Weird Al” Yankovic, The Strokes’ Nick Valensi, Perry Farrell and many others.
On top of the concert footage the DVD has interviews with the musicians backstage and at rehearsals talking about George Harrison’s influence on their art.
Below is the song list:
- Old Brown Shoe - Conan O’Brien
- I Me Mine - Britt Daniel from Spoon
- Ballad of Sir Frankie Crisp (Let It Roll) - Jonathan Bates with Dhani Harrison
- Something - Norah Jones
- Got My Mind Set On You - Brandon Flowers from The Killers
- If Not For You - Heartless Bastards
- Be Here Now - Ian Astbury from The Cult
- Wah-Wah - Nick Valensi from The Strokes
- If I Needed Someone - Jamestown Revival
- Art of Dying - Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
- Savoy Truffle - Dhani Harrison
- For You Blue - Chase Cohl with Weezer’s Brian Bell on guitar
- Beware Of Darkness - Ann Wilson from Heart
- Let It Down - Dhani Harrison
- Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth) - Ben Harper
- Here Comes The Sun - Perry Farrell from Jane’s Addiction
- What Is Life - “Weird Al” Yankovic
- Behind That Locked Door - Norah Jones
- My Sweet Lord - Brian Wilson with Al Jardine
- Isn’t It A Pity - The Black Ryder
- Any Road - Butch Walker
- I’d Have You Anytime - Karen Elson
- Taxman - Cold War Kids
- It’s All Too Much - The Flaming Lips
- Handle With Care - Brandon Flowers, Dhani Harrison, Jonathan Bates “Weird Al” Yankovic, Britt Daniel and Wayne Coyne
- All Things Must Pass - Ann Wilson, Dhani Harrison, Karen Elson and Norah Jones