There is very little to report about the British Albums chart this week. Elvis Presley's If I Can Dream drops just from 2 to 3 in its sixth week of release while Jeff Lynne's ELO and Rod Stewart stick at 7 and 8 and Enya drops 9 to 10.
The biggest debut by a veteran artists is Bette Midler's new compilation of her best ballads, A Gift of Love, which starts at 26. Her last gathering of older material, 2010's Memories of You, only reached 45.
Jools Holland and Jamaican soul singer Ruby Turner open at 39 with Jools & Ruby. Holland has been all over the charts in the last ten years, as high as number 9 with 2007's Best of Friends and as low as 127 with 2011's Finding the Keys: The Best of Jools Holland. For Turner, it is her highest charting album since 1988's The Motown Songbook went to 22.
Rush's R40Live starts at 47, their highest charting live album in the U.K. in 26 years. In 1989, they released A Show of Hands which went to number 12. Since that time, they have put out seven other live sets before the release of R40Live.
Bruce Springsteen's reworking of the album The River, The Ties That Bind: The River Collection, debuts at 49, in the middle of the three deluxe versions of his albums he has released in the last decade. 2005's Born to Run: 30th Anniversary Edition peaked at 63 while The Promise: The Darkness on the Edge of Town Story went all the way to number 7.
The top five albums this week in the U.K.:
- 25 - Adele
- A Head Full of Dreams - Coldplay
- If I Can Dream - Elvis Presley
- Purpose - Justin Bieber
- I Cry When I Laugh - Jess Glyne
- Love Yourself - Justin Bieber
- Sorry - Justin Bieber
- Sweet Lovin' - Sigala Featuring Bryn Christopher
- Hello - Adele
- You Don't Own Me - Grace Featuring G-Eazy
- Rock & Metal Albums - Alone in the Universe - Jeff Lynne's ELO
- R&B Albums - Rapper's Delight - Various Artists
- Soundtracks - Guardians of the Galaxy: Awesome Mix, Vol. 1 - Various Artists
- Vinyl Singles - And I Love Her - Kurt Cobain
- Music Video - Cliff Richard's 75th Birthday Concert - Cliff Richard