- 1913 - Lulu Belle (born Myrtle Cooper) (Lulu Belle & Scotty) (d. 1999)
- 1920 - Dave Bartholomew (95)
- 1924 - Lee Dorsey (d. 1986)
- 1944 - Mike Curb (71)
- 1945 - Lemmy (Ian Kilmister) (Motorhead, Hawkwind) (70)
- 1946 - Jan Akkerman (69)
- 1957 - Ian Burden (Human League) (58)
- 1963 - Mary Ramsey (John & Mary, 10,000 Maniacs) (52)
- 1965 - Millard Powers (Counting Crows) (50)
- 1968 - Doyle Bramhall III (47)
- 1970 - Bonnie “Prince” Billy (born Will Oldham) (45)
- 1971 - Ricky Martin (44)
- 1975 - Joe Washbourne (Toploader) (40)
- 1980 - Tomas Kalnoky (Streetlight Manifesto) (35)
- 1982 - Robert Carmine (born Robert Schwartzman) (Rooney) (33)
- 1991 - Louis Tomlinson (One Direction) (24)
- 1999 - Zeke Carey (Flamingos) (66)
- 2000 - Nick Massi (Four Seasons) - Cancer (73)
- 2009 - Tim Hart (Steeleye Span) - Lung cancer (61)
- 1960 - Even though he had a number 1 record, Chubby Checker was still a ward of the court as an orphan and had his allowance raised form $150 to $200 per week.
- 1963 - The Beatles held their first annual Christmas concert with guests Billy J. Kramer & the Dakotas, Tommy Quickly, Cilla Black, the Fourmost, and the Barron Knights with the Duke D’Mond.
- 1964 - The Beatles held their second annual Christmas concert with the Yardbirds, Freddie and the Dreamers, Jimmy Saville, Elkie Brooks, Mike Haslam, and the Mike Cotton Sound.
- 1964 - Glen Campbell appeared with the Beach Boys for the first time when Brian Wilson became ill. He toured with them for four months.
- 1972 - A crowd at a Miami, FL concert by Manfred Mann's Earth Band rioted after police stopped their concert saying that they had received noise complaints.
- 1973 - Tom Johnson of the Doobie Brothers was arrested for marijuana possession.
- 1973 - Pam Tillis was injured in a car accident that caused 30 breaks in her face.
- 1977 - The Sex Pistols played their last show in the U.K. for 19 years.
- 2005 - Iggy & the Stooges were fined by the city of Lucerne, Switzerland for playing music too loud. They were clocked at 102.5 decibals.
- 1971 - Little Jimmy Dickens and Mona Evans
- 1978 - Bjorn Ulvaeus and Agnetha Faltskog (ABBA) (announced separation)
- 1966 - I Think We're Alone Now - Tommy James & the Shondells
- 1988 - Nirvana began recording their first album.
- 1967 - Bee Gees Live Christmas Special (U.K.)