It was very much a night for new artists at the CMA awards Wednesday, with newcomer Chris Stapleton winning Male Vocalist, Album and New Artist of the Year.
But, before the hosts even opened the evening, John Mellencamp and Keith Urban hit the stage for a slightly electrified version of Pink Houses, the 1983 hit from Mellencamp's album Uh-Huh.
Urban was one of the winners in the ten categories given out between the evening broadcast and earlier in the day on ABC's Good Morning America, taking Musical Event for Raise 'Em Up with Eric Church.
The only other veteran artist to win on the evening was Mac McAnally who was named Musician of the Year.
The full winner's list:
- Entertainer of the Year - Luke Bryan
- Single - Girl Crush - Little Big Town
- Song - Girl Crush - Written by Liz Rose, Lori McKenna and Hillary Lindsey
- Male Vocalist - Chris Stapleton
- Female Vocalist - Miranda Lambert
- Vocal Group - Little Big Town
- Vocal Duo - Florida Georgia Line
- New Artist - Chris Stapleton
- Album - Traveler - Chris Stapleton
- Musical Event - Raise 'Em Up - Keith Urban Featuring Eric Church
- Musician - Mac McAnally (guitar)
- Music Video - Girl in a Country Song - Maddie & Tae