The Country Music Hall of Fame formerly inducted three new members on Sunday night, the Oak Ridge Boys, the Browns and Grady Martin.
As is traditional, each of the new inductees are saluted with a trio of songs from their career before a short presentation and their induction speeches. For 2015, the late-Grady Martin went first with music from Marty Stuart, Vince Gill, Mandy Barnett, Duane Eddy, Buddy Miller and Pete Wade. Wade had the honor of playing the guitarist's "Big Red" Gibson 335 electric guitar.
The Browns were up next with a bittersweet induction after the death of Jim Ed Brown earlier this year. The announcement of their induction had already been made and the Country Music Hall of Fame for Jim Ed to receive his medallion in his hospital room.
Playing for the Browns were Chris Scruggs, Carolyn Martin, the Isaacs and Dierks Bentley, he took on a Jim Ed Brown solo hit with Pop a Top.
Finally, it was time for the Oak Ridge Boys with music from Jeff Hanna of the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, Trisha Yearwood and Garth Brooks and The Martin Family Circus which includes members of Duane Allen's family including his daughter, son-in-law and four grandchildren.
The set list for the night:
- Induction of Grady Martin
- El Paso - Marty Stuart & the Fabulous Superlatives with Vince Gill
- Don't Worry - Mandy Barnett and Duane Eddy
- Fifteen Years Ago - Buddy Miller and Pete Wade
- Induction by Brenda Lee
- Acceptance by Joshua Martin
- Induction of The Browns
- Looking Back to See - Chris Scruggs and Carolyn Martin
- The Three Bells - The Isaacs
- Pop a Top - Dierks Bentley
- Induction by Bobby Bare
- Acceptance by Maxine and Bonnie Brown and Jim Ed Brown's widow Becky Brown
- Induction of the Oak Ridge Boys
- Leaving Louisiana in the Broad Daylight - Jeff Hanna
- I'll Be True to You - Trisha Yearwood and Garth Brooks
- Elvira - The Martin Family Circus
- Induction by Kenny Rogers
- Acceptance by Duane Allen, Richard Sterban, Joe Bonsall and William Lee Golden
- Will the Circle Be Unbroken - All