by Paul Cashmere, Noise11
In 1979, Wattie Buchan formed a punk band in Edinburgh. They were The Exploited.
The first album for The Exploited was the statement Punks Not Dead. It peaked at number 20 on the UK and became a punk classic. It became the band’s calling card for decades to come.
36 years after their first show, Wattie Buchan is still playing live and will bring the current line-up of The Exploited to Australia and New Zealand in December.
The Exploited have signed with Nuclear Blast Records and have been working on their first album since 2003. Things were delayed in 2014 when Wattie suffered a heart attack while on stage at the Taste of Chaos festival in Lisbon but has made a full recovery and is ready for the long-haul down under tour.
The Exploited will tour Australia and New Zealand for Tombowler Touring.
- 12/04 - Christchurch, New Zealand - Allen St Rock Club
- 12/05 - Wellington, New Zealand - San Fran
- 12/06 - Auckland, New Zealand - Kings Arms Hotel
- 12/10 - Brisbane, Austalia - The Zoo
- 12/12 - Sydney, Austalia - Manning Bar
- 12/12 - Melbourne, Austalia - Max Watts
- 12/13 - Adelaide, Austalia - The Gov
- 12/14 - Perth, Austalia - Amplifier