Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Harry Connick, Jr. to Have Own Talk Show in 2016

Harry Connick, Jr. will join the ranks of talk show host in the Fall of 2016 with a new syndicated program.

The first deal set for Harry will see the show air on seventeen Fox-owned TV stations with additional markets around the U.S. to be announced.

Connick said in a statement "I'm a lucky guy. I get to be a husband to a wonderful wife, a father to three incredible daughters, and an entertainer to the most amazing fans. And now, I’m honored to be able to put smiles on people’s faces on a daily basis. Working with the amazingly talented and hysterical Stangel Brothers is a dream come true. Harry will be an hour filled with fun, music and laughter. Fasten your seat belts -- it's gonna be one heck of a good time!"

Justin and Eric Stangel, who previously worked on The Late Show With David Letterman, will executive produce along with Connick and Ann Marie Wilkins.

The show comes from NBCUniversal whose president, Ed Swindler, said "We could not be more excited to partner with Harry Connick Jr. on this multi-faceted entertainment show. We believe Harry will emerge as daytime TV’s most distinctive, talented, relatable, and consistently funny hosts. The Stangel Brothers’ distinguished writing and producing achievements are second to none. They will add an engaging, upbeat, and comedic energy to this multi-layered program."

Here's hoping that Harry has better luck than Queen Latifah whose talk show (her second) was cancelled last year after two seasons.