Almanac: October 28, 2015
- 1927 - Cleo Lane (88)
- 1930 - Tommy Tomlinson (guitarist with Hank Williams, Johnny Horton) (d. 1982)
- 1936 - Charlie Daniels (79)
- 1936 - Ted Hawkins (d. 1995)
- 1937 - Graham Bond (d. 1974)
- 1941 - Hank Marvin (Shadows) (77)
- 1941 - Curtis Lee (77)
- 1945 - Wayne Fontana (born Glyn Ellis) (70)
- 1948 - Ricky Reynolds (Black Oak Arkansas) (67)
- 1948 - Telma Hopkins (Tony Orlando & Dawn) (67)
- 1952 - Tuck Andress (Tuck & Patti) (63)
- 1952 - Tommy Dobeck (Michael Stanley Band) (63)
- 1956 - Dave Wyndorf (Monster Magnet) (59)
- 1957 - Stephen Morris (Joy Division, New Order) (58)
- 1958 - William Reid (Jesus & Mary Chain) (57)
- 1959 - Neville Henry (Blow Monkeys) (56)
- 1969 - Ben Harper (46)
- 1972 - Brad Paisley (43)
- 1987 - Frank Ocean (28)
- 1970 - Baby Huey (Baby Huey & the Babysitters) - Heart attack (26)
- 1991 - Billy Wright - Pulmonary embolism (59)
- 2006 - Marijohn Wilkin (songwriter (Waterloo, The Long Black Vail, One Day at a Time) - Heart disease (86)
- 2007 - Porter Wagoner - Lung cancer (80)
- 1939 - Bill Monroe made his first appearance at the Grand Ole Opry.
- 1957 - Los Angles police told Elvis Presley he was not allowed to wiggle his hips while performing in the city. The next night they filmed his performance to study it.
- 1964 - The T.A.M.I. Show was put on for the first of two nights in Los Angeles. Performing was the Rolling Stones, the Beach Boys, Smokey Robinson & the Miracles, Chuck Berry, the Supremes and Marvin Gaye.
- 1964 - Willie Nelson joined the Grand Ole Opry
- 1972 - Join Together by the Who was made the official theme of the United States Council for World Affairs.
- 1978 - Queen opened their Jazz tour in Dallas, TX.
- 1982 - The Jam announced they would split up after their current tour.
- 1997 - Bill Berry announced he was leaving R.E.M. to become a farmer.
- 2001 - The Beastie Boys played their first show in 2-1/2 years in New York.
- 2003 - The musical Tonight's the Night, based on the music of Rod Stewart, opened in London's West End.
- 2003 - Sting published Broken Music, the first volume of his autobiography.
- 2004 - Courtney Love was charged and ordered to stand trial on assault with a deadly weapon charges.
- 2005 - The Game was arrested on disorderly conduct and resisting arrest charges in North Carolina.
- 2008 - A statue of AC/DC's Bon Scott was unveiled at Fremantle Fishing Boat Harbor in Western Australia.
- 2011 - When an Indian booking company cancelled a Metallica concert at the last minute, fans destroyed the stage and equipment, leading to the agents arrest.
- 1986 - Marie Osmond and Brian Blosil
- 2010 - Randy Travis and wife Elizabeth (filed)
- 1965 - My World is Empty Without You - Supremes
- 1985 - Biograph - Bob Dylan (one of the first box sets)
- 1991 - Sticks and Stones - Tracy Lawrence (debut)
- 1997 - Live at Red Rocks, 8.15.95 - Dave Mathews Band (first live release)
- 1956 - Ed Sullivan Show - Elvis Presley (second appearance)
- 1958 - American Bandstand - Buddy Holly (his last major TV appearance)
- 1987 - Miami Vice - Sheena Easton