by Paul Cashmere, Noise11
Bon Jovi played their first show in two years on Friday night in Indonesia.
The band performed at the Stadion Utama Gelora Bung Karno in Jakarta. It was the first show with new guitarist Matt O’Ree. O’Ree commented in Facebook, “Played my first stadium to 45k wonderful people in Jakarata Indonesia. What a rush!!! Thanks for making a dream come true for me!”
New Jersey guitarist O’Ree was officially confirmed last week as the new Bon Jovi guitarist, replacing Bobby Bandiera.
Bon Jovi were due to move on to China for two shows this week. Those shows were cancelled after the Chinese government refused the band a visa to perform, suspected to be for Jon Bon Jovi’s support of the Dali Lama. Instead, Bon Jovi will now perform a second date in Taiwan and a new date in Bangkok this week.
This was the also the first Bon Jovi show since the band’s high calibre departure from their longtime record label Mercury, after 32 years.
Bon Jovi ended their last world tour in Brisbane, Australia on December 17, 2013.
The set list:
- That’s What The Water Made Me (from What About Now, 2013)
- Who Says You Can’t Go Home (from Have A Nice Day, 2005)
- Raise Your Hands (from Slippery When Wet, 1986)
- You Give Love A Bad Name (from Slippery When Wet, 1986)
- Born To Be My Baby (from New Jersey, 1998)
- We Don’t Run (from Burning Bridges, 2015)
- It’s My Life (from Crush, 2000)
- Because We Can (from What About Now, 2013)
- Someday I’ll Be Saturday Night (from Cross Road, 1994)
- What About Now (from What About Now, 2013)
- We Got It Goin’ On (from Lost Highway, 2007)
- In These Arms (from Keep The Faith, 1992)
- Wanted Dead Or Alive (from Slippery When Wet, 1986)
- I’ll Sleep When I’m Dead (from Keep The Faith, 1992)
- Keep The Faith (from Keep The Faith, 1992)
- Bad Medicine (from New Jersey, 1998)
- Runaway (from Bon Jovi, 1984)
- Have A Nice Day (from Have A Nice Day, 2005)
- Livin’ On A Prayer (from Slippery When Wet, 1986)