George Strait stayed retired, at least for a few months longer than the Grateful Dead.
To be fair, Strait never said he was retiring from music. He only said he was tiring from touring to multiple cities, something he finished last year with The Cowboy Rides Away tour.
On Tuesday, Strait conducted a press conference where he surprised fans with the announcement of a new album, Cold Beer Conversation, to be released exclusively via Apple Music and Wal Mart this Friday, September 25. The title track will hit radio tomorrow.
In addition, Strait announced that he will play four shows next year in Las Vegas at the brand new 19,000 seat Las Vegas Arena. The shows are scheduled for April 22 and 23 and September 9 and 10.
Cold Beer Conversation includes songs by such Nashville luminaries as Bill Anderson, Shane McAnally, Jamey Johnson, Al Anderson, Dean Dillon, Buddy Cannon, Ben Hayslip and George's son, Bubba Strait.
The track list:
- It Was Love (Keith Gattis)
- Cold Beer Conversation (Al Anderson, Ben Hayslip and Jimmy Yeary)
- Let It Go (George Strait, Bubba Strait and Keith Gattis)
- Goin’ Goin’ Gone (Wyatt Earp and Keith Gattis)
- Something Going Down (Jamey Johnson and Tom Shapiro)
- Take Me To Texas (Brandy Clark and Shane McAnally)
- It Takes All Kinds (George Strait, Bubba Strait, Bob Regan and Wil Nance)
- Stop And Drink (Dale Dodson and Troy Jones)
- Everything I See (George Strait, Bubba Strait, Dean Dillon and Keith Gattis)
- Rock Paper Scissors (Casey Beathard, Monty Criswell and Bubba Strait)
- Wish You Well (Clint Daniels, Jeff Hyde and Brice Long)
- Cheaper Than A Shrink (Bill Anderson, Buddy Cannon and Jamey Johnson)
- Even When I Can’t Feel It (Dean Dillon, Ben Hayslip and Lee Miller)