by Paul Cashmere, Noise11
Close To You, the musical featuring the music of Burt Bacharach and Hal David will move to London’s West End on October 15.
The production by 27-year old singer Kyle Riabko had initial success in New York as What’s It All About: Bacharach Reimagined before it moved to the UK for its first run at the Menier Chocolate Factory. Bacharach approves of the production. He even joined the cast at the first show at the Chocolate Factory.
Close to You features thirty Bacharach and David songs including Alfie, I Say a Little Prayer, Walk on By, Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head and What’s New Pussycat.
Canadian Kyle Riabko has been performing since he was 12 years old. He has toured with John Mayer, Delta Goodrem, Buddy Guy, Pussycat Dolls and Jason Mraz.
87-year old Burt Bacharach will tour Australia and New Zealand for Bluehawk Presents in October.
- 10/24 - Adelaide - Entertainment Centre
- 10/26 - Perth - Crown Theatre
- 10/28 - Melbourne - Palais Theatre
- 10/30 - Canberra - Royal Theatre
- 11/01 - Sydney - State Theatre
- 11/04 - Gold Coast - Jupiters Casino
- 11/07 - Auckland - Vector Arena