Almanac: September 29, 2015
- 1907 - Gene Autrey (d. 1998)
- 1910 - Bill Boyd (Bill Boyd & the Cowboy Ramblers) (d. 1977)
- 1935 - Jerry Lee Lewis (80)
- 1937 - Joe “Guitar” Hughes (d. 2003)
- 1939 - Tommy Boyce (Boyce & Hart) (d. 1994)
- 1942 - Jean-Luc Ponty (73)
- 1943 - Manuel Fernandez (Los Bravos) (d. 1967)
- 1944 - Mike Post (71)
- 1946 - Nick Taylor (Bloodrock) (d. 2010)
- 1946 - Ian Wallace (King Crimson) (d. 2007)
- 1948 - Mark Farner (Grand Funk Railroad) (67)
- 1948 - Mike Pinera (Blues Image, Iron Butterfly) (67)
- 1950 - Alvin Crow (Alvin Crow & the Pleasant Valley Boys) (65)
- 1954 - Mari Wilson (61)
- 1956 - Suzzy Roche (Roches) (59)
- 1956 - Bob Carlisle (59)
- 1958 - John Payne (Asia) (57)
- 1958 - Mick Harvey (Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds, Birthday Party) (57)
- 1963 - Les Claypool (Primus) (52)
- 1965 - Iain Baker (Jesus Jones) (50)
- 1967 - Brett Anderson (Suede) (48)
- 1968 - Brad Smith (Blind Melon) (47)
- 1968 - Luke Goss (Bros.) (47)
- 1968 - Matt Goss (Bros.) (47)
- 1968 - Alex Skolnick (Testament) (47)
- 1973 - Danick Dupelle (Emerson Drive) (42)
- 1973 - Debelah Morgan (42)
- 1980 - Dallas Green (Alexisonfire, City and Colour) (35)
- 1981 - Suzanne Shaw (Hear'Say) (34)
- 1987 - Josh Farro (Paramour) (28)
- 1992 - Paul Jabara - AIDS (44)
- 2003 - Wesley Tuttle (85)
- 1956 - Rose Maddox made her first appearance at the Grand Ole Opry.
- 1963 - The Rolling Stones opened their first tour of the U.K. in support of Bo Diddley and the Everly Brothers.
- 1966 - Jimi Hendrix and Noel Redding meet for the first time while auditioning for Eric Burdon's New Animals in London.
- 1967 - Mickey Hart joined the Grateful Dead.
- 1967 - The Rolling Stones and manager Andrew Loog Oldham parted ways.
- 1971 - Gilbert O'Sullivan made his first live appearance at Royal Albert Hall in London.
- 1976 - While celebrating his 41st birthday, Jerry Lee Lewis was shooting holes in a door and accidentally hit his bass player, Norman Owens, in the chest.
- 1977 - James Brown's band walked out on him in Helendale, FL, charging that his pay was too low. Brown hired a different group of musicians.
- 1991 - Metallica opened their Wherever We May Roam tour in Peoria, IL.
- 1994 - The Pointer Sisters receive their star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- 1997 - Bobby Sheehan of Blues Traveler is arrested for cocaine possession in Winnipeg, Manatoba.
- 1999 - The Manic Street Preachers were charged for the equipment they smashed during their appearance at the T in the Park festival in Scotland.
- 2000 - Keith Urban made his solo Grand Ole Opry debut.
- 2001 - Farm Aid 2001: A Concert for America was held in Noblesville, IN with Willie Nelson, Neil Young, John Mellencamp, Dave Matthews, Doobie Brothers and Martina McBride.
- 2003 - Ozzy Osbourne said that he is writing a musical based on the life of Rasputin.
- 2004 - Randy Travis received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- 2006 - Weezer sued Miller Brewing alleging that the company used their image in print ads.
- 2007 - Two of rap's greatest faced off with big releases on the same day with Kanye West's Graduation selling 957,000 copies while 50 Cent's Curtis only moved 691,000.
- 1930 - Bing Crosby and Dixie Lee
- 2001 - Jennifer Lopez and Chris Judd
- 2012 - Patrick Stump (Fall Out Boy) and Elisa Yao
- 2012 - Jarod Followell (Kings of Leon) and Martha Patterson
- 2007 - Lorrie Morgan and Sammy Kershaw (filed by Morgan)
- 1959 - Shimmy Shimmy Ko Ko Bop - Little Anthony & the Imperials
- 1967 - I Heard It Through the Grapevine - Gladys Knight & the Pips (single)
- 1969 - Okie From Muskogee - Merle Haggard (single)
- 1969 - My Blue Ridge Mountain Boy - Dolly Parton
- 2009 - Revolution - Miranda Lambert
- 2003 - Eve (UPN) - DMX
Number Ones – U.S. Singles
- 1958 - It's All in the Game - Tommy Edwards (6 weeks)
- 1973 - We're an American Band - Grand Funk (1 week)
- 1984 - Let's Go Crazy - Prince & the Revolution (2 weeks)
- 1990 - (Can't Live Without Your) Love & Affection - Nelson (1 week)
- 2001 - Fallin' - Alicia Keys (3 weeks (3 previous weeks at number 1))
- 1962 (Mono Albums) - West Side Story - Soundtrack (3 weeks (7 previous weeks at number 1))
- 2001 - The Blueprint - Jay-Z (3 weeks)
- 2007 - Graduation - Kanye West (1 week)