Almanac: September 25, 2015
- 1930 - Shel Silverstein (d. 1999)
- 1933 - Ian Tyson (82)
- 1933 - Erik Darling (Rooftop Singers) (d. 2008)
- 1935 - Royce Kendall (Kendalls) (d. 1998)
- 1936 - Booba Barnes (d. 1996)
- 1939 - Joe Russell (Persuasions) (76)
- 1940 - Wade Flemons (Earth, Wind and Fire) (d. 1993)
- 1943 - Jules Gary Alexander (Association) (72)
- 1943 - John Locke (Spirit, Nazareth) (d. 2006)
- 1945 - Onnie McIntyre (Average White Band) (70)
- 1945 - Dee Dee Warwick (d. 2008)
- 1946 - Jerry Penrod (Iron Butterfly) (69)
- 1946 - Bryan MacLean (Love) (d. 1998)
- 1947 - John Fiddler (Medicine Head, British Lions) (68)
- 1947 - Larry Sparks (68)
- 1951 - Burleigh Drummond (Ambrosia) (64)
- 1955 - Steven Severin (Siouxsie and the Banshees) (60)
- 1968 - Will Smth (47)
- 1970 - Dean Ween (born Michael Melchiondo, Jr.) (Ween) (45)
- 1974 - Richie Edwards (Darkness) (41)
- 1974 - Daniel Kessler (Interpol) (41)
- 1976 - Santigold (born Santi White) (39)
- 1980 - T.I. (born Clifford Harris, Jr.) (35)
- 1985 - Diana Oritz (Dream) (30)
- 1980 - John Bonham (Led Zeppelin) - Asphyxiation after being sick (32)
- 1999 - Stephen Canaday (Ozark Mountain Daredevils) - Plane crash (55)
- 2012 - Andy Williams - Bladder cancer (84)
- 1954 - Elvis Presley performed Blue Moon of Kentucky at the Grand Ole Opry, his only appearance on the show.
- 1954 - Macon, GA named it Hank Williams Day.
- 1962 - Loretta Lynn became a member of the Grand Ole Opry.
- 1975 - Jackie Wilson had a heart attack while performing at the Latin Casino in New Jersey, striking his head on the stage. He never recovered consciousness and didn't pass away until January 21, 1984.
- 1976 - Paul McCartney and Wings played a benefit in Venice to raise funds for the city; however, the weight of the group's equipment did further damage to the main square of the city.
- 1979 - Evita by Andrew Lloyd Weber and Tim Rice opened on Broadway.
- 1981 - The Rollings Stones opened a U.S. tour in Philadelphia, PA.
- 1990 - Dave Grohl auditioned for Nirvana and got the job.
- 1990 - Macon, GA renamed one of its streets as Little Richard Boulevard.
- 1992 - At an Oklahoma City, OK concert by Ozzy Osbourne, two fans were stabbed and twenty more arrested.
- 1993 - Madonna opened her Girlie Show World Tour at London's Wembley Stadium.
- 1993 - The U.S. Postal Service released new stamps honoring Hank Williams, Patsy Cline, Bob Wills and the Carter Family.
- 1995 - Courtney love received a one-year prison sentence (suspended), fined $1000 and ordered to a anger management course for attacking Kathleen hanna of Bikini Kill.
- 1998 - Johnny Cash enters a Nashville hospital to be treated for pneumonia.
- 2000 - Ozzy Osbourne asked that Black Sabbath be removed from the ballet for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
- 2001 - XM Satellite Radio premiered with the voice of Bob Marley.
- 2001 - It was reported that rapper Erick Sermon had been seriously injured in a auto accident. In reality, he had fallen out of a third story window.
- 2001 - The Recording Academy began accepting music only issued on MP3 for awards consideration.
- 2003 - Stuart Cable was fired from the Stereophonics.
- 2005 - Jake Owen signed with RCA Records.
- 2008 - Paul McCartney announced he would play live in Israel for the first time in over forty years.
- 2011 - It was reported that Sly Stone was homeless and living in a van.
- 2012 - Loretta Lynn marked her 50th anniversary as a member of the Grand Ole Opry
- 2004 - Keech Rainwater (Lonestar) and Elissa Lansdell
- 1964 - My Girl - Temptations
- 1967 - Fool on the Hill - Beatles
- 1969 - Cold Turkey - John Lennon (with Eric Clapton, Ringo Starr, Yoko Ono, Klaus Voorman)
- 1954 - Good Rockin' Tonight - Elvis Presley (single)
- 1970 - Beaucoup of Blues - Ringo Starr
- 1971 - Peace Train - Cat Stevens (single)
- 1979 - I'm the Man - Joe Jackson (single)
- 2001 - Is This It - Strokes
- 1965 - The Beatles (cartoon series) (premier)
- 1970 - The Partridge Family (premier)
- 1982 - Saturday Night Live - Queen
Number Ones – U.S. Singles
- 1954 - Hey There - Rosemary Clooney (6 weeks)
- 1965 - Eve of Destruction - Barry McGuire (1 week)
- 1982 - Abracadabra - Steve Miller Band (1 week (1 previous week at number 1))
- 2004 - What I Do - Alan Jackson (1 week)
- 2010 - Kaleidoscope Heart - Sara Bareilles (1 week)