Tom Paxton and Janis Ian have announced a tour of Britain for March.
While the two singers have a common bond in songs that address controversial issues, they have never toured the U.K. together.
Paxton's career began during the folk revival in Greenwich Village where he was a regular at the Gaslight Cafe. While writing and recording such classics as Ramblin' Boy, The Marvelous Toy and The Last Thing On My Mind, he also became involved with a number of political movements involving human, civil and labor rights.
Five years after Paxton released his first album, Janis Ian hit the scene. At only 15, Ian's writing showed a maturity beyond her years, especially her story of an interracial relationship, Society's Child (Baby I've Been Thinking). She later scored her biggest hit with reflection on adolescence, At Seventeen.
The U.K. dates:
- 03/17 - Birmingham - Town Hall
- 03/19 - Bristol - Colston Hall
- 03/20 - Basingstoke - The Anvil
- 03/22 - Liverpool - Liverpool Philharmonic
- 03/23 - Gateshead - The Sage
- 03/25 - London - Barbican
- 03/26 - Cambridge - Corn Exchange
- 03/28 - York - Grand Opera House
- 03/29 - Glasgow - Glasgow City Halls