Carnegie Hall's eleventh concert in honor of an artist's music to benefit music education has chosen Paul Simon as their 2014 honoree. The show is scheduled for March 31 with money going to organizations such as Little Kids Rock, the Church Street School of Music and Young Audiences New York.
Twenty different artists will take the stage, each performing one song from Simon's extensive repertoire. The official site says that the artists for the evening will be announced "shortly".
High end tickets are already on sale for $325 to $10,000. A lower priced seated ticket will go on sale soon.
Past honorees in the series (all at Carnegie Hall unless noted):
- Elton John and Bernie Taupin (October 10, 2007)
- Neil Sedaka (October 26, 2007 @ Lincoln Center)
- Bob Dylan (November 7, 2007 @ Beacon Theatre)
- R.E.M. (March 3, 2009)
- The Who (March 2, 2010)
- Simon and Garfunkel (June 8, 2010 @ Central Park Summer Stage)
- Neil Young (February 10, 2011)
- Robert Johnson (March 6, 2012 @ the Apollo Theater)
- Rolling Stones (March 13, 2012)
- Prince (March 7, 2013)