Donna Summer has returned to the summit of the Dance Club chart with a remix of her 1978 hit MacArthur Park produced by Laidback Luke, Rosabel and Frank Lamboy.
The song first hit number 1 on both the Hot 100 and the Dance charts in 1978 at the peak of Summer's disco career. It had previously been a number 1 record for Richard Harris ten years earlier.
MacArthur Park 2013 is the new single from the Summer remix album Love to Love You Donna which was released on October 22. Previously released were Chromeo and Oliver version of Love Is In Control (Finger on the Trigger) and the Giorgio Moroder take on Love to Love You Baby. Moroder, of course, was instrumental in Summer's early career, producing some of her best known records including Love to Love You Baby, I Feel Love (credited with being one of the first major electronic dance hits), Bad Girls and Hot Stuff.
For the late Summer, this is the seventeenth time one of her records has reached the top of one of the Disco/Dance charts.
- Love to Love You Baby (1975)
- Try Me, I Know We Can Make It (1976)
- Spring Affair / Winter Melody (1976)
- Can't We Just Sit Down (And Talk It Over) / I Feel Love (1977)
- I Love You / Fairy Tale High / Once Upon a Time / Rumor Has It (1977)
- Last Dance (1978)
- MacArthur Park Suite (1978)
- Hot Stuff / Bad Girls (1979)
- No More Tears (Enough is Enough) (with Barbra Streisand) (1979)
- Melody of Love (Wanna Be Loved) (1994)
- I Will Go With You (Con Te Partiro) (1999)
- Love is the Healer (1999)
- I'm On Fire (2008)
- Stamp Your Feet (2008)
- Fame (The Game) (2009)
- To Paris With Love (2010)
- MacArthur Park 2013 (Laidback Luke Remix) (2013)