It's amazing what low prices will do for catalog sales.
In a week marked by big debuts by Robin Thicke and Five Finger Death Punch, a number of veteran artists return to the upper reaches of the charts, all due to a sale at the iTunes store.
Charts prognosticator Hits Daily Double shows xxx catalog albums by veteran artists as hitting the top 50 this week big jumps in sales. The following are the site's chart position and estimated sales (called "index") which could vary somewhat when the official Billboard charts are released on Thursday.
- 13. The Essential Billy Joel - Billy Joel (17,440)
- 17. Hot Rocks (1964-1971) - Rolling Stones (16,335)
- 22. Chronicle: 20 Greatest Hits - Creedence Clearwater Revival (14,770)
- 26. Greatest Hits - Queen (11,042)
- 27. Greatest Hits - Fleetwood Mac (10,872)
- 32. The Essential Johnny Cash - Johnny Cash (9,951)
- 35. Greatest Hits - Red Hot Chili Peppers (9,411)
- 40. The Essential Elvis Presley - Elvis Presley (8,709)