Rolling Stones Add Montreal Date to North American Itinerary; Announce Release Date For Crossfire Hurricane
A sixteenth show has been added to the Rolling Stones' 50 and Counting Tour of North America.
The band has inked a Sunday, June 9 show at Bell Centre in Montreal. Tickets go on sale this Saturday at Noon.
Mick Jagger is happy with the upcoming shows, saying "50 & Counting has been pretty amazing so far. We did a few shows in London and New York last year…and had such a good time that we thought…let’s do some more. It’s a good show. Lots of the classic stuff everyone wants to hear…with a few little gems tucked in here and there. The stage is shaped like lips and goes off into the venue so I get to run around in the crowd. It’s great fun to be able to get that close to the audience."
Keith Richards added From day one at rehearsals it sounded so fresh. You could tell that everybody was dying to get their teeth into it. It was like…open the gates…let us out! Cause man, it is the life and blood of us to play in front of people."
The band has also announced the release of the documentary Crossfire Hurricane will be released on DVD and Blu-Ray on May 21. The film is full of never-before-seen footage of the Stones and was directed by Brett Morgan.
The 50 & Counting dates, so far:
- 05/02 - Los Angeles, CA - Staples Center
- 05/05 - Oakland, CA - Oracle Arena
- 05/08 - San Jose, CA - HP Pavilion
- 05/11 - Las Vegas, NV - MGM Grand Garden Arena
- 05/15 - Anaheim, CA - Honda Center
- 05/18 - Anaheim, CA - Honda Center
- 05/20 - Los Angeles, CA - Staples Center
- 05/25 - Toronto, ONT - Air Canada Centre
- 05/28 - Chicago, IL - United Center
- 05/31 - Chicago, IL - United Center
- 06/03 - Chicago, IL - United Center
- 06/06 - Toronto, ON - Air Canada Centre
- 06/09 - Montreal, QB - Bell Centre
- 06/12 - Boston, MA - TD Garden (Fleet Center)
- 06/18 - Philadelphia, PA - Wells Fargo Center
- 06/21 - Philadelphia, PA - Wells Fargo Center
- 07/06 - London - Hyde Park
- 07/13 - London - Hyde Park