Just in time for Valentine's Day, Harris Interactive has released their poll of over 2,000 Americans who chose the best love songs. The Parton-written song topped the poll with 38 percent of the vote and was tops among the sub-categories of the divorced, separated and widowed.
Second was Unchained Melody with the most popular version by the Righteous Brothers, although numerous versions hit the top ten in the mid-50's. Third was Percy Sledge's When a Man Loves a Woman.
Aaron Levine of Sony Electronics Home Entertainment said "Romance is about making an emotional appeal to the senses, and to the heart. So, turn down the lights and turn up the sound."
The top ten with most popular version:
- I Will Always Love You - Whitney Houston
- Unchained Melody - Righteous Brothers
- When a Man Loves a Woman - Percy Sledge
- You Are So Beautiful - Joe Cocker
- How Deep is Your Love - Bee Gees
- I Don't Want to Miss a Thing - Aerosmith
- Crazy - Patsy Cline
- I Want to Know What Love Is - Foreigner
- (Everything I Do) I Do It For You - Bryan Adams
- Let's Get It On - Marvin Gaye