After Two Years at the Top, The Beatles Unseated by Jack White For Top Selling Vinyl
Every year Nielsen SoundScan registers the biggest selling albums on vinyl and for the past two years Abbey Road has topped the chart. In 2012, it was the second biggest album on vinyl. That’s not bad for a record that was released in 1969.
Beating it out by just 4,000 copies was Jack White's critically acclaimed album Blunderbuss.
Vinyl sold 4.6 million in the USA in 2012. That was an increase of 17.7% on the previous year.
The top 10 vinyl albums of 2012 were:
- Blunderbuss - Jack White (34,000)
- Abbey Road - The Beatles (30,000)
- Babel - Mumford & Sons (29,000)
- El Camino - Black Keys (25,000)
- Sign No More - Mumford & Sons (23,000)
- Bloom - Beach House (21,000)
- For Emma Forever Ago - Bon Iver (19,000)
- Boys & Girls - Alabama Shakes (17,000)
- 21 - Adele – (16,000)
- Bon Iver - Bon Iver (15,000)